advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron Matte speaking to Glen Greenwald about the Russiagate conspiracy theory/hoax.

They said while those who opposed the hoax have been vindicated, those who perpetuated it have been rewarded, including Andrew McCabe who has landed a job as an analyst with CNN, bringing the total number of ex CIA/NSA/FBI officials working as 'analysts' for CNN and MSNBC to fifteen:

Well, yes, that is a prime reason not to run a story with flimsy support...

i would say there are more important reasons than that for people with integrity.

btw...

i'm curious about how those of you who take at face value the western media claims of "close ties to vladimir putin" of wealthy/oligarch/corporate russians are able to assess that information independently to your satisfaction, especially when you don't know the culture, native political idiosyncrasies, language or even the writing system FFS? i could run stories in russia (or other parts of the world), in which i point out the close ties of tim cook and jeff bezos to donald trump with really convincing photos to back it up. not many of the regular people would know that, in most respects, these relationships are transient, superficial and actually antagonistic (at least at the direct, personal level), even though a lot of them can understand english and have way more knowledge of the USA than americans have of russia.

if i had the time, i'd love to go through journalism over the past 3 years and count up all the people alleged to have "close ties to putin". i'm pretty sure it would be at least 15 times beyond the cognitive threshold of close relationships that we understand humans to be capable of.

i'm curious about how those of you who take at face value the western media claims of "close ties to vladimir putin" of wealthy/oligarch/corporate russians are able to assess that information independently to your satisfaction, especially when you don't know the culture, native political idiosyncrasies, language or even the writing system FFS?

For the last 10 years I literally sat next to a (non-political, conservative) Russian at work and I speak to him regularly about this sort of thing. Lots of his stories of life in Russia are regularly infused with a shrugged "Putin" which basically means "That's just the way things are". Asked about Trump Russia he says "Probably. But really Russians just don't care, It's probably smart to say it's all a hoax". He also taught me say Sharapova correctly which allows me to act insufferably smug about once a year when someone corrects me.

Also for balance for several years we had an office Ukranian. Their games on the office table football were, um, passionate.

For the last 10 years I literally sat next to a (non-political, conservative) Russian at work and I speak to him regularly about this sort of thing. Lots of his stories of life in Russia are regularly infused with a shrugged "Putin" which basically means "That's just the way things are". Asked about Trump Russia he says "Probably. But really Russians just don't care, It's probably smart to say it's all a hoax". He also taught me say Sharapova correctly which allows me to act insufferably smug about once a year when someone corrects me.
Yes but would anybody have an interest in Sharapova if she wasn't so good looking?
Just the same with Putin/Trump - it's their good looks that captivates our attention, nothing else is noteworthy, right?

I'm sure vuk agrees with me, anyway.

Nothing like a stripped down Putin to get the heart racing - I think it's just a love affair between Putin & Trump, just like between Kim & Trump.

It really is intrusive of us to be delving into such personal affairs, we should leave them to it in the privacy of their own secret meetings (or trystes as WH now names them)

Fox News reporter pushes back on Trump!

hook.

now that fox just isn't working for trump and his movement, maybe you could launch an alternate network and cash in.

btw -- interesting that MSNBC is still working hard for jeb biden and the DNC, in spite of the controversies we're only seeing on independent outlets.

hook.

now that fox just isn't working for trump and his movement, maybe you could launch an alternate network and cash in.

btw -- interesting that MSNBC is still working hard for jeb biden and the DNC, in spite of the controversies we're only seeing on independent outlets.

I think this Trump/Fox News thing is just a temporary lover's spat, but it was nice to see Cavuto speak up. Yes, news people like Cavuto, Smith and Baier may bristle at Trump saying they work for him, but the opinion people will more than make up for it.

Just last night, Jeanine Pirro trotted out the old white supremacist conspiracy theory about how Democrats are trying to replace white citizens with brown illegals who will, of course, vote (illegally) for Democrats. Am sure Trump loved it.

Got back yesterday from 10 days on the far north shore in Grand Portage, MN. No cell phone access except when we drove 40 miles down to Grand Marais, so it was nice to not think about politics and world affairs for a bit. I did see this morning that MSNBC was covering the latest Biden gaff, something about conflating multiple war stories into one. Did I miss some other gaffs or controversies while I was away?

Texas turkeys vote for Thanksgiving - how dumb do you have to be to pass these new Texas gun laws a day after another mass shooting - 2 in the last month, FFS.
Turkeys are actually smarter than these republicans

He also taught me say Sharapova correctly which allows me to act insufferably smug about once a year when someone corrects me.

Had a chat with my BIL wife (Russian) and I was shocked how cross she was about the mispronunciation of Sharapova as well. I had no idea until your post. Thanks

“I’ve known eight presidents, three of them intimately.” - Joe Biden

cg5caa8fd276599.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back