advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought there was going to be a flood of apologies to max this week.

Why would anyone apologise to max? He actively wanted Trump in power over Clinton. If the Dems were in power, presumably members of the Squad may actually have been able to influence US policy instead of having to watch the unfolding nightmare from the sidelines.

I am reminded of the sketch on the Victoria Wood TV series:

'And finally, an apology to viewers in the North of England. It must be awful for them.'

25s4fmg.jpg

Russian double headed eagle clutching golf clubs, moto “45 is a puppet”. The moron standing in front of it. Perfect.

Why would anyone apologise to max? He actively wanted Trump in power over Clinton. If the Dems were in power, presumably members of the Squad may actually have been able to influence US policy instead of having to watch the unfolding nightmare from the sidelines.

you understand we are talking about congress where the dems are in power and their official leader (nancy pelosi) is at war with the squad.

also, it not at all clear that any of the squad would have stood as candidates or been elected had hillary beaten trump and the status quo continued -- on top of that, mid terms usually favour the opposition, so it could have been republican control of the house, as well.

you understand we are talking about congress where the dems are in power and their official leader (nancy pelosi) is at war with the squad.

also, it not at all clear that any of the squad would have stood as candidates or been elected had hillary beaten trump and the status quo continued -- on top of that, mid terms usually favour the opposition, so it could have been republican control of the house, as well.

If Trump continues to successfully use The Squad to brand the entire Democratic Party as far left, do you think he will get more or fewer votes in 2020?

I have to say I'm kinda confused. If I'd like a progressive government in power, do I vote for progressive candidates or the worst possible abomination I could imagine electing in the hopes it'll inspire people to vote for progressive candidates at the next election.

Using that logic, I now understand the unparalleled support Republicans gave to to Obama, as that obviously cleared the way for the Trump victory eight years later, which was their long-term plan.

Sheer genius. Machiavellian, even.

Joe

If Trump continues to successfully use The Squad to brand the entire Democratic Party as far left, do you think he will get more or fewer votes in 2020?

i don't think anyone in the world can answer that question. it's a complex, interactive process. are you suggesting the squad should be silenced?

We look back now and see Reagan and Carter as beacons of common sense and probity*

by "we", do you mean people in your house? i certainly don't look back at reagan like that at all. he was a dangerous idiot who facilitated most of the problems we have now.

by "we", do you mean people in your house? i certainly don't look back at reagan like that at all. he was a dangerous idiot who facilitated most of the problems we have now.

You missed the asterisk and humorous footnote. Or did you not see The Sweeney in your neck of the woods? (Why 'neck' of the woods? Why not 'arm' or 'leg' or 'chest'?)

You missed the asterisk and humorous footnote. Or did you not see The Sweeney in your neck of the woods? (Why 'neck' of the woods? Why not 'arm' or 'leg' or 'chest'?)

i don't know "the sweeney" but it's certainly a disgusting sounding name.

i don't think anyone in the world can answer that question. it's a complex, interactive process. are you suggesting the squad should be silenced?

Trump calling attention to them will bear out the old adage, often applied to Trump himself, that "there's no such thing as bad publicity". While it may cement them as the new bugaboos for the right wing circle-jerkers, it will also make them more well known and popular in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back