advertisement

Trump Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone comparing the Trump “send her back” chanting with the Nuremberg Rally yet?

Something is very wrong at the heart of the USA if someone like Trump is voted President AND THEN is allowed to tweet and produce the soundbites he does.
Why has his own party not asked him to step down - vote of no confidence or whatever is needed?
The lack of overt critics from his party is very worrying.

As times goes on I can't help but think Rush is morphing into Archie Bunker. I don't listen to his show, but I assume Rush occasionally bellows to some pinko meathead to get 'im a beer, heh.

RushCigar585.jpg

ce8d22b860021d6160d757fea8fa4de0.jpg

Joe

Something is very wrong at the heart of the USA

But we already knew this

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ies-linked-to-delayed-diagnosis-and-treatment

The majority of working age Americans now have health insurance that only pays after the patient has paid multiple thousands of dollars. This is leading to a marked delay in diagnosis of serious illness.

"After that first MRI bill, I wanted to give up," Susan says. "Because, in addition to dealing with the BRCA diagnosis, the insurance bills were overwhelming.

"I sometimes think about opting for surgery as a way to deal with my mutation," she adds. "But then I get nervous — because I'm afraid of the resulting bill from the hospital."

Developed nation ?

But we already knew this

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ies-linked-to-delayed-diagnosis-and-treatment

The majority of working age Americans now have health insurance that only pays after the patient has paid multiple thousands of dollars. This is leading to a marked delay in diagnosis of serious illness.

"After that first MRI bill, I wanted to give up," Susan says. "Because, in addition to dealing with the BRCA diagnosis, the insurance bills were overwhelming.

"I sometimes think about opting for surgery as a way to deal with my mutation," she adds. "But then I get nervous — because I'm afraid of the resulting bill from the hospital."

Developed nation ?

there are millions of decent people in the united states, but there seem to be almost as many really bad ones. this is true to some degree for most places, but none of them claim to be the greatest nation on earth or champions of democracy and that arrogance/influence has turned out to be a global problem.

the whole "experiment" has clearly gone awry and has set back the whole world in many respects, mainly because of the spread of socially-destructive economic ideology. the whole hustler/individualist theme can work for a little while, in a particular context and only for some, but it's ultimately embarrassingly naive compared to what the "primitive" indigenous people had worked out in terms of sustainable relationship to the environment, iphone fetishism aside.

back to smaller-scale concepts, the fact that the metric system has not yet been adopted is also very telling. pounds, inches and fahrenheit are as vulgar as trump. it's deeply-rooted stuff. miles davis is not a product of this culture but a very short-lived reaction to it or attempt at transcendence.

posting this again (i am about to follow his lead, because canada is simply a somewhat more banal USA):

Why I have no respect for Trump is that he is a leader who will not shoulder the accountability and responsibility that brings. He blames others for everything, he is irresponsible with his power, he will not watch his mouth. It would not surprise me if Congresswoman Omar is murdered. Even if that happens he will deny any complicity. He literally is unfit for office.
Worse than that is the cowardice of senior Republicans, Trump doesn't know he is unfit for office but they do and yet still fail to condemn him.

Last edited:
Here's a hypothesis: any complex society takes on the attitudes and morals of its managerial class, because that is what is taught, and that it what is rewarded. Good, moral societies mainly have a less toxic elite.

Maybe. The key in the US has been the flood of money into politics under specious freedom of speech rulings. Until that is ended I think the US will continue its downward spiral into oligarchy.

Maybe. The key in the US has been the flood of money into politics under specious freedom of speech rulings. Until that is ended I think the US will continue its downward spiral into oligarchy.
The political money is an important corrupting element. The corruption of the elite has resulted in anger, frustation, and cynicism in the masses. That has given Trump his base.

Ye God, Trump is a blonde fatter Hitler, he will lead the US into fascism, then there'll be WW3, by 2020. Think I'll upgrade my interconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back