advertisement

Trump Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet, it seems perfectly normal (and legal) to some over there to stand about outside a Mosque, carrying a gun, and to harass and harangue Muslims with accusations of terrorist sympathies, paedophilia etc., etc.

I don't know of any place where this would seem "perfectly normal", outside of Myanmar.

I don't know of any place where this would seem "perfectly normal", outside of Myanmar.

It was part of a UK tv programme about 'Freedom of Speech' etc., in the US. I don't recall who the protagonists were but I saw what I saw. I concluded from it that much of the 'Freedom of Speech' in the US, is based upon the same flawed concept of 'Freedom', which infects US Gun Laws.

It was part of a UK tv programme about 'Freedom of Speech' etc., in the US. I don't recall who the protagonists were but I saw what I saw. I concluded from it that much of the 'Freedom of Speech' in the US, is based upon the same flawed concept of 'Freedom', which infects US Gun Laws.

Was it hosted by Sasha Baron Cohen?

index.php

5HBSlpx.jpg

This interesting article from The Atlantic gives substance to my fears that Trump will walk away from all this, perhaps not smelling of roses, but at least with only an acceptable whiff of fertiliser:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...tent=20180822&silverid-ref=MzgyNjQzNjQzMDQxS0
Insightful piece. But please, only a minority of Americans feel that the only corruption that matters is that which attacks traditional racial and gender hierarchies. The article points to a chief source of Trump support, and suggests why that support is so reliable among people who say they're against 'corruption.' Still, Trump walks only if the GOP avoids disaster at the polls, and the question is very open.

' Still, Trump walks only if the GOP avoids disaster at the polls, and the question is very open.

My fingers and toes are crossed (my wires are permanently in that position). I'm also pressing my thumbs for good measure (Daumen drücken is the German equivalent of crossed fingers)

Trump’s impeachment could give Pence time to rebuild Republican credibility before 2020. IMO, the best possible outcome for progressives is Trump crippled by the midterms with Democrats regaining control of the House of Representatives. This would result in two years of constant public investigations into Trump’s corruption, leaving the Republicans vulnerable to losing both the Senate and the Presidency in 2020.

Trump won't be impeached, he'll ride this out. That's why the party is solidly behind him. If there were a problem, they'd be deserting in droves.

Trump’s impeachment could give Pence time to rebuild Republican credibility before 2020. IMO, the best possible outcome for progressives is Trump crippled by the midterms with Democrats regaining control of the House of Representatives. This would result in two years of constant public investigations into Trump’s corruption, leaving the Republicans vulnerable to losing both the Senate and the Presidency in 2020.

Agreed, that would be the ideal outcome IMO.

Hock,

...the best possible outcome for progressives is Trump crippled by the midterms with Democrats regaining control of the House of Representatives.
I hope it would also serve as a warning as to what happens if you elect a misogynistic, racist, anti-environmental, science-denying, corrupt, egotistical, thin-skinned, inept, moronic orange anus with stupid hair as president.

Joe

IMO, the best possible outcome for progressives is Trump crippled by the midterms with Democrats regaining control of the House of Representatives. This would result in two years of constant public investigations into Trump’s corruption, leaving the Republicans vulnerable to losing both the Senate and the Presidency in 2020.
My fear is that Trump’s base, seeing him besieged, comes out in force for the midterms and there is no change.

One thing's for sure - the mid terms will be a good barometer of whether the USA is really f****d, or whether this is a temporary aberration.
Same for the UK. If the Tories and Labour manage to drive the UK off the cliff of hard Brexit in March then I think the UK's medium term future is extremely bleak.

The next 6-7 months will be interesting times. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back