advertisement

Troubles with a well regarded UK dealer

If you are outside the UK then attending a small claims court hearing will not be easy and the odds of winning without attending are minimal.

Simon

Sometimes there really are two sides to a story. All of this seems, from what we have been told, to centre around the meaning of a 'panel.' It's far from clear that the dealer has done anything wrong, and all this relentless dealer bashing can become quite unpleasant.
I don't think this should ever have been put before a forum, because, frankly, we are no position to judge . Most dealers are fair, it's in their interests to be so. If you are convinced you are in the right, take the earlier advice and go to the small claims court....just be sure you do have a good case......

You're right, I buy/sell/trade hifi since a long time and I just find that trading is hard today.
Just to be clear, please find below the "lab result" of a third party (he didn't know the story):
"When we removed the black panels it turned out that these panels are the old original panels. Never refurbished. But unfortunatly the membranes of all three panels are faulty. The "white" bottom panel (which produced the noice) is not an original one. This panel has been refurbished. In this panel the back side stator came lose from the plastic grid but also the coating does not have the original specs.

In the second ESL also we found three original black panels, but also with holes in the membranes and one "white" panel. This "white" panel is a original Quad panel.

In both ESL`s the EHT units (cascades) don`t deliver the right high voltage.

To get both ESL`s in a good condition there is no other choice than to replace all panels. "

My understanding is that eBay rules forbid part exchanges, may be that could get you some leverage, I recently dealt with a trader who had been removed by the time the article arrived.

But some pfmer think that I'm wrong and I wouldn't expect that all bass panels were refurbished.

I would expect that if it says "panel refurbished" then at least one panel has been repaired or exchanged and that panel works according to spec. Also it makes sense to assume that the reason only one has been refurbished is because all the other ones work properly. Overall refurbished should mean it's not a hack job.

Thanks for your input guys.....
What I can't accept is that the seller has everything now:
-my cables
-my "ex" panels (ok with work on it to do before selling because following him there is shipping damages on the return)

I've lost 600£ in this story.

Whats clear is you are extremely unsatisfied with the out come and a dealer worth his salt would want to put that right

advertisement

Back