advertisement

Triple pulley for Rega motor

That's right Mr P. Very clean animals them pigs. But I only asked where I could source a pulley in the UK.

When I look the postage comes in at around £13 ....is that high for something shipped from the US ?

Actually...just looked at the Tango Spinner website and realise that they are based in Argentina not the US so that would be at least two plane journeys for £13 ...not bad value at that.

Very true Joe. However with postage the price comes to £53 which I consider is quite a bit for a brass pulley. A double is £15 with free postage in UK so I may be inadvertently heading in that direction!

I suspect that if you found a person with a lathe who was willing to set up to do you a one off like this the cost would very likely to be at least £53 . The double pulley does seem to be the economic way to go in this case.

As long as you can get your old pulley off your motor without damaging the spindle and you can install the new pulley such that it is straight and true and firmly fixed you should be golden.

Thanks for your interest!
This is one of two working players which I designed and built..
The wooden frame is specially made for this turntable from a local carpenter to my design specs and is available in different solid hardwoods.
The plinth is made from an aluminium foam sandwich, very light and rigid…and also offering lots of other technical benefits…
The subplatter is driven by 3 motors as seen on the picture. Each motor shaft is adjusted to zero play and runs each on a ruby ball bearing…
The subplatter axle is a 2-part design, decoupling the bearing shaft from the record centering axle. The subplatter contains a sapphire thrust plate which runs on a ruby ball within the bearing well.
The motors are controlled by a separate power supply, with allows for adjustable speed for each 33 and 45 rpm. The three synchronous motors are matched to the PS unit and running absolutely silent due to adjusted phase and amplitude of the suppling voltages…
Feel free to contact me via
PM for more information and pictures.
Best regards,
Rad

advertisement

Back