advertisement

Tour de France 2019

robs

should know how this works by no
Maybe nobody's interested this year, but it's Stage 5 just finished...and no thread yet..?

Loving it, great scenery and exciting as normal...Sagan killed that!

I was too excited to start a thread on Saturday! The start of a Tour is normal fairly predictable but this year has kept me on the edge of my seat. Big stage tomorrow!
An old timer I know put a fair sum on Alaphillipe at 200-1 to win GC. Speculative but who knows. The bookies make it Bernal from Thomas.

btw. I learned today that Chad Haga is virtuoso concert pianist as well as a tdf rider!

They are going to be within a couple of miles of my house next Wednesday.... sadly I won't be there.:(:(:(

It has been a decent start, not watched as much cycling as usual this year. The Giro killed my enthusiasm. Can't see beyond Bernal or Thomas.

I love all the big tours but the lack of enthusiasm here put me off starting a tour thread. I have started plenty before but they often get derailed by the usual suspects. Maybe no Sky will stop so much hatin'

Still watching it all and enjoying the ITV4 coverage

No TV coverage here and I refuse to pay for cable. I’ll see if I can catch stage highlights on YouTube

It's quite high up on the list of sports I'm interested in but I need something to get me to watch it and that has been removed this year , Mark Cavendish what a pity , highly unlikely he'll make another Tour .

I'm normally a fan but haven't switched on to it this year. I may do this weekend.
It's not actually very mountainous this year, is it? Today is quite lumpy and will offer good racing because there's no rhythm to establish. But there are no days charging around the Pyrenees going up and down everything in sight, no Ventoux, no 200km sufferfests exploring every steep back lane in the Massif Central, nothing. Not as interesting as when they started in Yorkshire, when Day 1 was pretty ordinary but Day 2 took them over the steep bits of the Pennines before a flog down to Sheffield for La Cote du Jenkins Road and granny gears all round. Even Sagan said that that was a tough day out.

Enjoyable racing today.

Steve, I think there are more climbs this year but less HC Category ones. Apparently this is to encourage more attacking racing.

That finish looked agonizing. G did really well, and sounded very positive.

Enjoying it here as usual.
My holiday. Watching live on ITV4
:)
G looking good
Alaphillipe very impressive
Sagan underlining what a talent he is

Giro was badly presented and seems to have become boring

Even the commentators are saying that today is boring. 230km (Jesus...) of flat racing, with a sprint finish at the end. The GC boys are all tucked up tight in the peloton, being towed round until they have the last blast to gain a few seconds on the others. The sprinters will be hanging around waiting for the last 2 minutes and maybe a stage win. Latest news is that the commentators are inviting people to write in with which racers have food related names. Chris MushFroome, anyone? It really is a quiet day at the office.

Sitting here flipping between F1 practice and TdF ................. I am actually getting quite a lot of work done.

Able to whiz through most of it courtesy of the Tivo

Bit of a clue - Imlac mentioned a "day off" at the start

advertisement

Back