advertisement

Tory Leadership Runners and Riders

Quite so. FDR's approach is the reality of what today's centrist chancers claim they aim to achieve, whilst completely failing to take note of even the FDR actual approach. The Clintons and Blairs were supposed to represent the holy grail of the 'moderate capitalist' popularly called 'capitalism with a human face' (there was even a book with that very title in the 1990s by Samuel Brittan). Instead they spoke about FDR-type aims, but used monetarist concepts! Fools! Deregulation instead of regulation, pricing ignored (though not in the NHS); no interest in whether a megacorp annihilated smaller firms or not, though the lip-service is always 'protecting small firms'.

In short they lack historical scope and even a foundation for understanding historical examples. Or, they are liars.
Or just nut jobs. Apparently

Well, niche doesn’t necessarily = nutjob, and nutjob doesn’t necessarily = niche. (A believer in a flat Earth would be both niche and nutjob.)

no idea why they are bothering. It's the party only on this one and 200,000 mostly white middle class traditionalist have already harumphed their way to a decision, no matter who says what and how tonight. All just show.

Next Tory leadership debate is on Talk TV at 6pm.

Just tuned in and the phone-in before it is unreal.
I must be the only person here who tuned in but, sad to report, Kate McCann, the host of the debate, fainted halfway through so the whole thing had to be cut short.

In fairness having to listen to that degree of bullshit on that channel would do that to anyone. C4 are reporting that Kate McCann is ok.

Or possibly the Matilda Effect:

https://www.poetrybyheart.org.uk/poems/matilda/

Matilda told such Dreadful Lies,
It made one Gasp and Stretch one’s Eyes;
Her Aunt, who, from her Earliest Youth,
Had kept a Strict Regard for Truth,
Attempted to Believe Matilda:
The effort very nearly killed her,
And would have done so, had not She
Discovered this Infirmity.

What a load of old Bellocs. :p

Maybe given the subject matter at the time...'someone' decided to get them off air before they collectively started WW3. ;)

I've never actually fainted, though I pretended to faint during my Chemistry O level exam, which was going Horribly Wrong. I was allowed out into the schoolyard to clear my head, and managed to scrape a pass at the lowest grade, having been cedited with some marks to compensate for the 'time out'. Now I suppose the JMB will withdraw my qualification. The bastards.

advertisement

Back