advertisement

Top 5 regrets of the dying...

there are many people that I've met who seem to have great peace and who have apprently never pursued anything, but have remained close to their geographic, social and familial roots.

To a degree that's okay, but for myself I have a cousin that is a generation older than me in my home-town and a sister in Kent that I rarely see or communicate with - and that's it.
I have my wife and children and my friends.
The town I was born is now unfamiliar and has changed beyond anything that I remember last time I looked.

I have some friends that decided to stay put here in Brighton because they liked being around the group of friends we were back then (mid-80s), but they forgot that things were going to change around them. I was the first to get married, but then my best mate Alex moved to Australia, Robin to Cornwall, and eventually they were left alone and had missed their own chances - they are slightly older. It might be okay to stay still, but the world won't stay still with you.

I regret not studying to be a chef when I was 17 instead of some shit Business and Finance course. I regret not going to the funeral of my best friends dad in 1994. I regret not spending more time with my grandad before he died (the original Tiger Jones) Everything else I can live with.

Its good to see this thread going..amongst the (welcome jokes) there is some good stuff.

I wish I had the knowledge I have now, when I was small, to have enabled me to understand my Fathers Schizophrenia....and have had the self-confidence to go to University...other than that I am trying to make no.2 ring true and not work too hard.

Paul

There's some heavy shit going down here...I'll just get the couch wheeled in.....but just before I do;

There was a stunning girl way back that gave me an open invitation and I didn't take it, I didn't shag her. Now, I regret that. I, err....................
sorry, my mind wandered off a bit there.
Happy now, Basil?

I'll just get that couch.

There's some heavy shit going down here...I'll just get the couch wheeled in.....but just before I do;

There was a stunning girl way back that gave me an open invitation and I didn't take it, I didn't shag her. Now, I regret that. I, err....................
Happy now, Basil?

I'll just get that couch.

If you're hoping to make up for that missed opportunity on said couch, I'm afraid I'm pulling out...

I think that would definitely make No.6 in my list of regrets...commiserations old boy.

Twenty five years later and my mate Alex still busts my balls about it. He just cannot believe I didn't. He did try to make a move when he realised I wasn't going to, but he didn't get anywhere. It's almost like he's never forgiven me for it, even now.
He has a point.

It's reminds me of the old saying, "if I knew then what I know now". In my case I'd still know nowt. So much to learn in this brief life.

Which reminds me if I died now it could be embarrasing, now where did I stash that dodgy literature?

There was a stunning girl way back that gave me an open invitation and I didn't take it, I didn't shag her
Curiously that appears a more honest and appropriate strapline for a hifi forum than 'music & audio discussion / record shop'

(yep, me too.)

I sometime wonder if Maggie is immortal and a Goddess.

Perhaps we should build churches to worship her.

13 times a day.And how long does this fantasy last?
At your age about 45 seconds I bet, you mucky little man.

It's good though.

Actually a private foundation are seriously considering building a basilica over looking theThames in her memory. A small private place where her followers can contemplate her memory.

They should build it at San Carlos cemetery with her under it-nice and convenient for her family to pay their respects like the poor sods who died for her finest hour.

If it were down to me, I would build it overlooking Scargill's grave. That way she would haunt him even in death.

advertisement

Back