advertisement

Tony, please remove the ‘like button’.

This made me look at mine, 3.19 messages per like, I am feeling well “liked” feels better that way as the ratio of 0.31 sounds bad

Interesting. My ratio is around 1: 4.5 (likes to messages), but none of those emanate from a political thread; many from 'Audio' but most, I guess, have to be a bit of a joke. Funny, that, but satisfying also, that someone had a laugh; important aspect, I think, esp. in this depressing age.

Last edited:
I did see a forum had one at one point, but it disappeared. I think it might have been AVForums. I’m guessing it got abused, being used just to dislike posts from individuals that certain people didn’t like.
HiFi WigWam (as it used to be called). Abused by a clique, most of whom flounced off to AA.

Here, let me demonstrate:

"The LP12 is simply the best turntable ever built, Period!"

And BTW, Not liking this post is just as telling as liking it in the context of this thread..

For those vexed about the if and buts about the ‘like’ button: I say get a life:) I stay on here mainly for the quality of the off topic discussions. These are much more prominent than my first active period of hi fi interest on here about twenty years ago that lasted a couple years until falling off a cliff.

My favourite likes are the ones where someone likes a post from their personal giga chad alpha with indecent haste and ends up the only liker and everyone grimaces until we are on a new page and we can pretend it never happened. Basically like a fart in a crowded lift.

Generally the debate is a bit silly as nothing says boomer like using a forum in 2022 so worrying about a specific and small feature is the internet equivalent of bemoaning the decline of BBC2.

Like all these things, just ignore it if it annoys you. I think it is nice to be able to show some appreciation for someone's post. Ideally, It would be nice to have a number of like buttons to show why we like a post.

advertisement

Back