advertisement

Tone Poet Blue Notes

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
For those who have received it already, what's the view on the Rollins VV? Seem to be some mixed views online - at worst a decent version and a poor recording , at best the finest TP to date

For those who have received it already, what's the view on the Rollins VV? Seem to be some mixed views online - at worst a decent version and a poor recording , at best the finest TP to date
Nothing mixed from me. Highly dynamic - as were the CD releases bitd, it's anything but a poor recording.

My pre-order of the Rollins has still not been dispatched by Amazon and its meant to be officially released today - they are saying new orders will be processed in 5-10 days by Chalkies.

I wonder if there are supply issues - or its been more popular than anticipated?

My pre-order of the Rollins has still not been dispatched by Amazon and its meant to be officially released today - they are saying new orders will be processed in 5-10 days by Chalkies.

I wonder if there are supply issues - or its been more popular than anticipated?
Amazon didn't seem to have it on Friday. It was delayed from a month ago so it could well be supply issues.

Mine pre ordered on 8th March is supposed to arrive by 10pm today according to Amazon this morning. Fingers crossed.

I just checked Honest Jon’s and they have it at £70 that is cheaper than current Amazon price. They do free delivery on £75+. They have just released Bobby Hutcherson’s Total Eclipse at £35.99 that is £43 on Amazon to take it over the free delivery mark if that’s tempting

I must have just missed the cut - I've just received an e mail from Amazon saying "We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll send a confirmation as soon as it ships and communicate the expected delivery date. We apologise for the inconvenience.'

Think I might just cancel it and look elsewhere :rolleyes:

I must have just missed the cut - I've just received an e mail from Amazon saying "We're encountering a delay in shipping your order. We'll send a confirmation as soon as it ships and communicate the expected delivery date. We apologise for the inconvenience.'

Think I might just cancel it and look elsewhere :rolleyes:
If you fancy a jaunt up the M40 my man in Leamington seems to have a spare copy. Hands off the one behind the counter though, that’s been waiting there for me to collect since Friday. In fact, if you fancy a glass of rosé on this beautiful afternoon (and a cup of tea for your chauffeur, of course) you could drop mine in on the way back. It’s only ten miles or so out of your way…

That's a very kind offer, Sir. Unfortunately , as result of a back /spine issue, I'm not able to drive at the moment.
I'm hoping to have it fixed before too long so a saunter up the M40 might be a late summer treat of the offer is still on at that time.

So my lucks run out:mad: Despite Amazon saying my Sonny Rollin’s triple was out for delivery before 10pm today. They have now emailed me to say it is now delayed. So yes time to order elsewhere.

So my lucks run out:mad: Despite Amazon saying my Sonny Rollin’s triple was out for delivery before 10pm today. They have now emailed me to say it is now delayed. So yes time to order elsewhere.
I was going to cancel this morning but woke to a e mail from Amazon saying my copy had been dispatched last night and will be with me today. Fingers crossed that they mean it!

It finally turned up just after 5pm

I've just played side 1: for someone who only knows this music from the RVG CD and the BN 75 it is a revelation.
And the drums no longer sound like biscuit tins! They've done a very fine job on this one. :cool:

Last edited:

advertisement

Back