advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

53706005715_bb9f0a5a88_w.jpg

Hit the post again.

4th attempt now….

Us, too. We've just acquired a patch of land out from the back of the house, so all the old boundaries no longer make sense. Fence down, woodshed down and moved to a more suitable place. Hard work, not all done by me. The very bottom of the garden onto the lane will have to wait until next year, now, as the brambles are nettles have taken over. Still, a good start has been made.
Proper Job rather than Bank's helped us along the way. 🙂
Fab ..sounds exciting , maybe build a lovely mancave there maybe ??

Ordered turf for repairing lawn where new drive has carved it up

Checked on topographical survey being done elsewhere

Discussed the many offers on a little terraced house owned by a friend and accepted one we think best .incredible demand , still cant get over 18 viewings in 3 hours and 17k viewings on rightmove in a week

Had a lovely day today. Fried breakfast of locally sourced Suffolk produce, supplied by our hosts. Took the dogs to Dunwich Beach for a long walk. I forgot that at a lot of the beaches around here are shingle, but the tide went out revealing a nice sandy strip. I expected Mabel to be straight in the sea but the waves disconcerted her and she just paddled. Back to the barn for hot tub, wine, cheese and biscuits, wine and more hot tub. Dogs are flaked out and we’re not far behind.

Cheers BB

Going to look at a house for sale on Friday. Not getting my hopes up vs. already planning where the hi-fi is going to be located, just happens to be the biggest room. May involve Wife getting a dog that has been on the cards for a few years.

The Daughter has discovered that she has a folate & Vit. D deficiency. Not diet related, so I am a bit concerned that it is Pernicious Anaemia. shit.

The Wife has been in Birmingham to see some more ballet. Glad she doesn’t insist on dragging me along. I like the music, but that style of dance does nowt for me.

Keep putting rat poison down, and not had a rat in the trap yet Billy. Give it a few days, then I will reposition the trap.

friendly plumber who we have used before round to quote for new rads. Lives only 1 minute walk from us.

Became a London tour guide for the afternoon. Future MIL in London for a few weeks and we took her on a tour of the traffic jams. Mind you, she lived in Park Lane for 10 yers so she ought to recognise most of it. Dinner at Caldesi afterwards.

Still plodding on with the bathroom refurb. Eventually got the old floorboards prepped, repaired/partially replaced etc. Punched down every nail then lined with board and finally.. the easy bit. laying 'click' vinyl aka LVT plank flooring. That bit is pretty simple so long as you remember to make all cuts result in cut edges to the outside edge. The stuff cuts with a few strokes of a Stanley knife then a clean snap. Skirting down, then finally temporarily positioned new vanity unit in place to assess how to modify supply and waste pipes..which will hopefully get finished today. If you are not a plumber.. thinking this stuff through and deciding which fittings are needed can be a trial.. but got there in the end.
Main thing though is how astonishingly tiring it all is.. Just getting down to the floor and back up, especially with metal knees.. is a real effort. Several times in last week or so Mrs Mull has basically ordered me to stop as she was concerned I was overdoing it. Today I'm making up a couple of extensions for the copper hot and cold feeds to move them 'up and across ' to suit new unit. I have loads of copper elbows etc., to make that easy. Then..finally fix the unit to the wall and have a functioning wash basin again..phew!
Never again...

I feel your pain.
I fitted a laminate floor throughout my daughter’s flat a few years ago two years after having a new hip.
At the end of each day, in an empty room the only way I could get off my knees was to crawl to the window and haul myself up by the window ledge.
Now running in another new hip and I’ve told her if she moves she’ll have to employ pros!

Going to look at a house for sale on Friday. Not getting my hopes up vs. already planning where the hi-fi is going to be located, just happens to be the biggest room. May involve Wife getting a dog that has been on the cards for a few years.

The Daughter has discovered that she has a folate & Vit. D deficiency. Not diet related, so I am a bit concerned that it is Pernicious Anaemia. shit.

The Wife has been in Birmingham to see some more ballet. Glad she doesn’t insist on dragging me along. I like the music, but that style of dance does nowt for me.

Keep putting rat poison down, and not had a rat in the trap yet Billy. Give it a few days, then I will reposition the trap.
what did she watch ? we saw the sleeping beauty ballet recently in brum

had electricians crawling everywhere to do a full electrical report , they didnt seem phased by the separate power supplies to the hifi fortunately
await report now

advertisement

Back