advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Nice train from Ipswich to Liverpool Street - then short walk to Moorgate and a train home. about 3hrs door to door.

but broke his ribs which is quite common

:D

Yes, something they don’t show on TV often. CPR is exhausting as well. Not sure I could manage it anymore as my wrist doesn’t bend very well. But if there was no one else around then I would certainly have a go.

yes came across a chap in the street some years back having a cardiac arrest . started cpr on him and did the compressions but broke his ribs which is quite common . anyway ambulance eventually came and took him away . some weeks later i spotted him walking somewhere and avoided his gaze in case he sued me for the ribs !! shows cpr can work though
You cannot be sued for broken ribs... The judge would throw it out... We were told that in my first aid course as it would send a precedent for other first aid heroes to not help out in an emergency.

If anything, he would/should have shook your hand and have bought you a beer, or many.

I too am first aid trained. I've yet to use mine, thankfully. But wouldn't hesitate to if and when needed. An invaluable skill. One I've also taught my kids. Everyone should know first aid.

A massive Internet hi-five to you as you saved that guys life. Well done, Sir.

Thats yes never a dull day , always good to have cpr skills . Some years ago my neighbour dragged me to his mum who was having a cardiac arrest and i had to pull her off the bed to do cpr and she vomited while doing mouth to mouth !! Sadly she died .

Then the other neighbour dropped dead on the same day and month a few years later !!! Still clearing the house now with the help of many romanians and italians !

Thats yes never a dull day , always good to have cpr skills . Some years ago my neighbour dragged me to his mum who was having a cardiac arrest and i had to pull her off the bed to do cpr and she vomited while doing mouth to mouth !! Sadly she died .

Then the other neighbour dropped dead on the same day and month a few years later !!! Still clearing the house now with the help of many romanians and italians !
Please don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m quite glad I’m not your neighbour!

Easter weekend can't come quick enough, I'm knackered! Heading out with the dogs for an hour now and then swimming, I may fall asleep mid-stroke, not sure if that's worse in the pool or in bed?

Cheers BB

... musing as I listen to a CD I haven't played for ages :

I considered it as one of the best recorded CDs in my collection, but the system has improved several times since then, and although parts of it still sound very good, I now hear that the large acoustic of Winchester Cathedral muddies the sound in the loud bits.

Still a good listen though, and I like the music. A lot of good stuff was written for the coronation in 1953. Sang the solo part in "O Taste and See" several times when I was a kid.

Having cleaned the bathroom mirrors this morning I found myself with two cloths and the spray bottle in my hand. I then decided to tackle a job I've been putting off for months. The house has 9 glazed internal doors each with 8 panes of glass giving a total 144 surfaces to clean. Ironically as the sun is higher now I won't really see the fruits of my labour. Must remember to clean them in November as the sun is getting lower by then.

Awake for hours.
Fourth night on the trot that I have had very vivid dreams which haven’t been pleasant, not quite nightmares, but very dark.

Yesterday we visited The Daughter and I got a bit of time with Granddaughter #2. That means that we have managed to visit all the kids/G-Kids within a week, plus visiting my parents. With the recent family deaths/funerals it has been good to see the offsprings offspring.

This morning I have 30 records to grade that I cleaned yesterday for Headway charity. Not been to the shop for nearly two weeks, so hopefully there has been some donations as I am running out of albums. If we manage to find a good parking spot then we will get to trawl the other charity shops! I found a good Elvis album last time.

Salmon for dinner later. We have agreed on a scorched skin/grill approach. Some new potatoes, green beans and spinach… I am thinking tarragon/double cream/vermouth sauce, but that is a bit much for a Tuesday.

... musing as I listen to a CD I haven't played for ages :

I considered it as one of the best recorded CDs in my collection, but the system has improved several times since then, and although parts of it still sound very good, I now hear that the large acoustic of Winchester Cathedral muddies the sound in the loud bits.

Still a good listen though, and I like the music. A lot of good stuff was written for the coronation in 1953. Sang the solo part in "O Taste and See" several times when I was a kid.
back in 2017 i went to a service in winchester cathedral and that organ playing in there was just out of this world !!!!

Made a BIG mistake in putting out 60 black bags of rubbish for bulk collection , umpteen scrappies ripped them open spewing stuff everywhere . had to rebag some of them 4 times and was up at night checking . never again !! Was i pleased to see binmen arrive at 8.30 ... gave them a very big tip i was so pleased to see them . next time i will use a house clearance company as its a diasaster putting black bags out

I've managed to solve the problem of the invisible mouse pointer on my laptop. The default was so tiny I often struggled to find it. I had no idea Windows had so many ways to customise the pointer. I now have a magenta pointer which you can't fail to notice. It's probably a size too large and I will probably try shrinking it.

... wondering at our continuing "plague" of Siskins. They've been around for about three weeks now. The nearby ash woods are alive with them, as has been our garden. There were around 30 of them in our backyard today, overwhelming the bird table, and using the neighbour's cherry tree as a staging post. The noise is amazing. Then one of the cats puts in an appearance, and the sky darkens with a cloud of little birds.

We've lived here for 38 years, and I've never seen anything like it. A friend 12 miles further west has the same spectacle in her garden.

Yesterday I had a meat pie and mushy peas for supper. Farting with gusto this morning. Peas.

Very annoyed since peugeot took over vauxhall they have wrecked it .closed nearly all the dealers now in britains second city .very few left .just closed one i have used for years

advertisement

Back