advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Grammar - I should have said 'Rather often, as I remember' instead.

Still Covid positive (day 10), perhaps I have brain fog?

Unusual warbird activity for a Monday morning. A Spitfire came over the house low and fast whilst I was eating my toast and marmalade, and now Peter Teichman is doing repeated low runs over the airfield in his gorgeous Red Tails P-51 Mustang, whilst a Jet Provost is in a holding pattern right over the house.

Bloody marvellous, or alternatively 'bloody Johnny-flyboys', as my late double-barrelled neighbour in the big house used to shout at them, waving his pitchfork.

Going to have a night away with Sister in Law, her Hub and maybe a Niece plus new Beau might be there, somewhere near Buxton.
I like Buxton.
It will be a nice drive, loads of roads I know well.

Always interesting seeing The Wife interact with her siblings. I will try and keep my head down.

Chicken soup later with little bits of pasta in it. I can never remember the name of that pasta, but it is ace in a soup.

Took a fresh pile of L.P’s and 7” Singles down to the Headway charity shop. All the records cleaned and played. Binned a couple of Elvis Singles that were past it. Also binned a Kajagoogoo 7” as somethings are not meant for this world. Not with that hair.
Picked up a load of empty plastic record folders to fill. At present selling 7” Singles about even with Album sales. Worth my time to clean and play the 7”ers, at £1 + a pop.

Must get that badge thing for the car. Keep forgetting.

Those were the days, frozen milk on the doorstep :)
quite a revival in milk delivery salesman recently. Would have been fab for my disabled lady because she struggles to shops . However it only comes in glass bottles and these would get dropped and smashed

Indeed here lecturers are paid about half the starting wage of students who qualify in construction etc. This can lead to problems in retention.

Some have not had a decent payrise for years

advertisement

Back