advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

visited my friend who is gradually worsening . however a lovely GP saw him yesterday and gave him some more meds . did some reminiscing today from a lovely old book .

then looked at house with friends who are struggling with the sales process as never done it before . the house is one of the worst i have ever seen with years of dust and shredded curtains etc. some poor chap lived there it seems . must have been appalling . fortunately round here anything sells in hours normally with a bun fight and all sorts of shenaigans

I guess given the age many of us are it’s not surprising to read so many posts health related. My Easter was 6 days of DIY/spring cleaning the things I’ve been meaning to do for a while. Wife and step-daughter in Colombia where my MIL and FIL are both recovering from health issues and whilst I originally planned to chill I just started being busy instead, isn’t normally possible when we’re all here and the first chance in 18 months to scatter stuff around and make a mess to put it all back together better. Back to work tomorrow.

I’ve got the fireplace oak plinth to finish and a final bit of cable tidying in the lounge and then I can finally put the picture in the system thread that’s been in my head for 2 years now. Just sat to listen to some digital (FLAC files on NAS) as I’m too tired to change records tonight and it’s sounding sublime. Alison Krauss New Favourite at the moment.

Busy few days.
Youngest Son arriving from the Isle o Wight with his partner.
Always a joy to see the Boy.
My parents 60th wedding anniversary party this weekend, so looking forward to seeing distant family and catching up.
Eldest G-Kid stopped over yesterday. Introduced her to the work of Paul Simon and Tracy Chapman. She played me some SZA. Granny did some baking with the girl, so sausage rolls are cooling. Considering a mug of tea now and and fresh sausage roll…

I guess given the age many of us are it’s not surprising to read so many posts health related.

I do sympathise with others, but not sure it has much to do with the thread, at times it seems like I am in a surgery/doctors waiting room, makes for a depressing read sometimes.

Nice clean VW ID4 and efficient Addison Lee driver to Luton Airport. Only £10 more expensive than a ramshackle dirty local taxi.

Well worth the extra for fast track security. It was empty - other side was really busy. Oh why can't we have photo ID on my phone.....?

Nice clean VW ID4 and efficient Addison Lee driver to Luton Airport. Only £10 more expensive than a ramshackle dirty local taxi.

Well worth the extra for fast track security. It was empty - other side was really busy. Oh why can't we have photo ID on my phone.....?

You going anywhere nice?

Cheers BB

Edinburgh 3 nights then Glasgow 3 nights.

We'd normally go by train, but the unreliability and the price (even with a 2together card), makes flying the best bet.

Nice, love Edinburgh, been loads of times. Never made Glasgow yet, it's on my list. Have a good trip.

Cheers BB

30°C today, so trying to finish re-staining our backyard pergola. -1°C and a couple of inches of snow forecast for Sunday. This time of year makes me dizzy!

Well you will travel first class !!!

Mrs insists and pays - nothing to do with me.

Last time they cancelled the train before ours, and let the 1st class ticket holders from that train storm our train.....there were folks sitting on the floor in the aisle - that just won't do in First class.

The sleeper is pleasant and we might have taken that, if they'd had a suite with a double bed, but they were all sold out

Gave someone a hand collecting something from the Greenwich Maritime Museum's big archive round the corner and got shown Nelson's tea service and a lifeboat whistle from The Titanic.

advertisement

Back