advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the 8am ride this morning, 57 miles & I was blowing at various points. Nice when the sun came out. 230 miles so far this week but will doing a much shorter spin tomorrow.

Nice 10 mile dog walk with our friends today, punctuated by a couple of pints of local bitter at the half way point.

Part prepared a nice curry earlier which I’ll cook shortly whilst having a couple more beers.

Feet up this evening and a snooze on the sofa I expect.

Cheers BB

having faffed with car insurance and trackers.....turns out it is the replacement value that appears to trigger the requirement.

Went to the farmers market to by some veg. Managed to find some petrol.

walked to our local to see some friends, taxi to St Albans, now sat in a cider pub, drinking a great dry cider.

Last year I tried to grow some (globe) artichoke plants from seed.
Bearing in mind I am a very ill-informed, useless, apathetic gardener - I have a ‘if it grows, it is a surprise’ attitude to gardening.
Much to my surprise, the one seedling that didn’t get munched last year has lived through winter and is now about 3’ high and has 3 small artichokes growing :eek: - The Wife has supported me by commenting on how much she dislikes artichokes to eat. I like them, and look forward to eating the fruits of my labour - drowned in butter.

The Wife has been making stage costumes for members of her tap-dance class who are doing a show come summer. Looks like Abba clothes circa 1977. As long as I don’t have to go to the show, it’s fine by me. There is glittery stuff and sequins all over the place.

Recently purchased a Technics SU-7100 amplifier for the Granddaughter to use in the spare room when she stays over. I am having a strong urge to set it up in the music room, in place of the Roksan K3 amp.
Those bass and treble controls, never mind the Loudness switch are calling to me.
Probably next week. It’s going to happen. 35 watts per channel is plenty of beans.

Drank 3 bottles of Butty Bach yesterday. That is tasty ale. Felt I had earned it because I had managed to change an outdoor electrical plug thingy without electrocuting myself. The Wife was very worried that I would damage myself, and helped by sitting next to me, sucking her teeth and asking if I was sure every 2 minutes. Moral support. I earned that beer.

Lamb is on the cards tomorrow I am informed. As long as I am required to do sweet f.a. then I am with the project.

We are rubbish gardeners, pulled up something this morning from the middle of the grass, looked familiar- snapped the root - horseradish- should have left it - we love the stuff - great in a bloody mary

Salt winds and cabbage white decimated my abandoned veg patch. There are still some Jerusalem artichokes surviving but even they are intimidated and haven’t taken over as per reputation. May dig a few after this reminder. They make a superb soup and you don’t have to peel them! One I made earlier…
print screen windows 7
Whenever I use beetroot, horseradish is always in attendance.

Been to a performance of Carmen - just like Swan lake a week or two ago endless numbers of mobile phones glaring in your face every 5 minutes as the row in front or those at your side continually fiddle with their f gadget.
Attention span of a b gnat:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:and just as annoying:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.
Usually women in their 20's 0r 30's.
(Tbilisi)

I chose a new route for a seven-mile stroll late this afternoon, and stumbled across a couple of the fiefdom’s more exotic residents.

52007793072_f16be2a2b3_b.jpg

They gave me some tips on South American wine, which was good of them. Then as the sun dropped further I saw the Monarch of the Glen, kind of. Sorry, this is the best I could do with my portrait-length lens.

52008871363_1b43397943_b.jpg

I chose a new route for a seven-mile stroll late this afternoon, and stumbled across a couple of the fiefdom’s more exotic residents.

52007793072_f16be2a2b3_b.jpg

They gave me some tips on South American wine, which was good of them. Then as the sun dropped further I saw the Monarch of the Glen, kind of. Sorry, this is the best I could do with my portrait-length lens.

52008871363_1b43397943_b.jpg
You can speak Llama?

last night, we visited The Mermaid, The Cock, The Boot, Dylans and then a lovely dinner in a local bistro style restaurant.

today slow roast mutton

As it is Easter Sunday, and "everywhere" is closed, we had our first trip of the year to the Aeropark next to East Midlands Airport. We go a few times a year, some good planes on display, main ones being Vulcan and Nimrod. Loads of engines on display, which I find more interesting than the boy or wife do!

My favorite is the English Electric Lightning, though. Something about its shape, and image. Not sure what, but there is something about it.

52011426370_e002eb0903_b.jpg

The boy made the mistake of thinking it would be warm and sunny, but the wind across the flat land of the runway meant he spent quite a while shivering as we sat on the bank watching the take offs and landings. There used to be a Jumbo from Russia most Sunday mornings, but not any more.

52010966423_0c54ee71ff_b.jpg

Watched the Easter service from Kings. I like the camera work and the voices but after twenty minutes I was off to listen to something more heathen. Having visited, that ceiling is still a miracle of gravity even if you appreciate the underlying science…

Cleaned Mrs BB’s car inside and out and mine on the outside. Then 2 hours texting old clients my new number.

Daughter #1 came around with her boyfriend whilst daughter #2 made a roast dinner.

A nice family day.

Cheers BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back