advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I have been……

a good hour and half on the phone to Virgin media, trying to fix newly supplied router/hub…..and in between times, up on the playing field nearby having a knock about with my son. (Which people might remember is off the back of me playing 5-a-side for first time in 23 years the other Friday and tearing my right thigh at the grand young age of nearly 54, I’ll never learn).

Been battling with the brambles in the front hedge. It’s amazing how they propagate, with huge branches arching over the top, and rooting where they touch the ground. Like bloody triffids.
Decidedly to give up the struggle for today and come and lick my wounds over a nice cuppa Darjeeling

Wait until spring and growth begins, and give as much of the growing shoots as you can a squirt of Grazon. It won't hurt any grass that it touches, but you'll need to keep it away from the hedge itself. Use a sheet of plastic as a barrier if necessary, but if you get two or three feet of the shoot that should do it.

They don't like it up 'em.

https://www.agrigem.co.uk/grazon-pro-1l

Between 1978 and and 1980, around the time that I did my art Foundation course, I carried out a quite extensive project photographing the last remnants of London's docks and Riverside wharves, most particularly the London Dock in Wapping as the last of Daniel Asher Alexander's beautiful Georgian warehouses were demolished, an act of incomprehensively idiotic and short-sighted philistinism.

In the years after I left home, my bedroom was cleared of all my 'stuff', and the file contain the negatives went to the dump. All I have left are a couple of boxes of not very good darkroom prints. Or so I thought, until yesterday.

I have never quite given up hope of that file having survived, and on the spur of the moment I went into an old stable that I use as a store for old bits and bobs just to have one more hunt. On top of a filing cabinet that I was about to search again were a couple of old Taylors port cases, and I reached inside one of them to check that there wasn't any port left in the straw bundles. As I moved the boxes, a squashed, dusty and mishapen file fell out out from between them. Inside it were all of my negatives, incredibly in perfect condition.

I carried it into my office at 5 in the afternoon, and stopped scanning at 2 in the morning. Many, many hours of scanning still ahead of me.

And my bum test came back clear. A good day. I should have played the lottery as well.

Last edited:
more interviews for my deputy (we now have a winner) - requisitioning new lecturer posts - shortlisting a senior lecturer post - Getting insurance cover for collecting my new car tomorrow......

I've mentioned previously the hobby as a child I used to do - railway modelling - a while ago. As a result of a conversation with Mrs C I've some decorating and DIY to do, but as a result I've been authorised to rekindle my love of this hobby in what is my current office.

Needless to say my music won't suffer. I enjoy playing too much. But it will be a nice slow-burner to get back into something I really enjoyed as a child, especially with my lovely late step-dad.

Spelunking this morning in Mexico’s Crystal Cave, hot air ballooning over the Andes whilst lunching, deep sea diving in the Mariana Trench this aft, and if I can fit it in a bit of trek after supper with a Victoria’s Secret lingerie model — you know the one. Long legs, fab hair.

Ah, who am I kidding? I probably won’t watch some trek until 10 tonight with that schedule.

joe

Steve,

Indeed, you have to pace yourself. Who the hell wants the bends whilst watching the trek?

Joe

Steve,

That would be the last thing on my mind. I'm utterly absorbed when I'm watching the Trek.

Joe

giphy.gif

Between 1978 and and 1980, around the time that I did my art Foundation course, I carried out a quite extensive project photographing the last remnants of London's docks and Riverside wharves, most particularly the London Dock in Wapping as the last of Daniel Asher Alexander's beautiful Georgian warehouses were demolished, an act of incomprehensively idiotic and short-sighted philistinism.

In the years after I left home, my bedroom was cleared of all my 'stuff', and the file contain the negatives went to the dump. All I have left are a couple of boxes of not very good darkroom prints. Or so I thought, until yesterday.

I have never quite given up hope of that file having survived, and on the spur of the moment I went into an old stable that I use as a store for old bits and bobs just to have one more hunt. On top of a filing cabinet that I was about to search again were a couple of old Taylors port cases, and I reached inside one of them to check that there wasn't any port left in the straw bundles. As I moved the boxes, a squashed, dusty and mishapen file fell out out from between them. Inside it were all of my negatives, incredibly in perfect condition.

I carried it into my office at 5 in the afternoon, and stopped scanning at 2 in the morning. Many, many hours of scanning still ahead of me.

And my bum test came back clear. A good day. I should have played the lottery as well.

thats interesting . my bro took my dad round the london area [ near millwall i think] before they demolished the slums he lived in. he worked in and around the docks as a boy .

Seeker,

I did not know you did the Trek. We reach, brother!

Joe

cooking up the Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s “Tupperware Chorizo” with peppers, tomatoes and chickpeas. White cabbage, carrots, and onions cooked with fennel seeds and white wine vinegar.

... walking 14,67km in Herefordshire between driving the minibus for the charity I volunteer for. A good walk, spoilt somewhat by inaccurate OS maps and shitbags with guns massacring the local wildlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back