advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I had mine checked, the lady also checked if I had two in the bag. If It hadn’t been so brief I would have considered it foreplay.

My doc has a rather fierce countenance (think Virat Kohli being run out on 99 by his no 11.) When he came into the waiting room to call me, he was dressed in mask, face shield, apron and rubber gloves. I nearly ran for it.

Spent most of day tracking down a mcarthy and stone warden in devon to assess a relative . Most of the ones on google earth have been taken over so no longer M&s .just about found one with some very helpful M&s staff .

And the mortgage works (nationwide) finally got my issue sorted after many months of imcompetance .

Got in touch with an old friend who I used to work with.

They are coming over on Friday to chew some cud, spit some sheeet. Mental illness will probably be the main point of discussion as per usual. Think they work in cardiology now, moved on from oncology. Hopefully will bring cake.

Just started to set up my new Chillblast PC. The last one had past it's 8th birthday and with mine approaching I decided to treat myself to one optimised for photo editing. DPD however messed up the delivery, I requested delivery tomorrow as I knew I would be out for 2 hours today. Half an hour after I got back the door bell rang and there was a gentleman with a very large box. Well saved me having to wait in the queue on the phone to change my blood test appointment tomorrow:D:D.

Everything going fine so far got Google up and running.

Tomorrow will be spent getting the apps and programs set up on the new machine and popping up to the surgery for my 12 weekly blood test which among other things checks that methotrexate hasn't messed up my liver :rolleyes:.

Sewing the partly detached waistband back on to one the the boys pair of school trousers, in the hope it will last the school year. Wife thought it would be "difficult"....she doesn't do difficult.

Roast chicken, gravy and KE roasties today. Just a smidgen of greens to keep the diet police happy. We do our toms in a mix of olive oil and balsamic vinegar capers and garlic. Cook covered until softened then lid off and reduce to a glaze. Skins are optional as so easily removed.

Just picked up well over a hundred painkillers out of the soil in the back garden which my father thought might be a good thing to do spreading them on soil.

Quiet day today. Didn’t get home from the excellent Michael Kiwanuka gig until 01.00 and back up at 05.00.

Supposed to be starting another outside redec tomorrow, just found out the scaffolders haven’t done their adjustments to the scaffold. Scaffolders going tomorrow. Already a day behind before we set foot in the place!!

Cheers BB

few one-2-ones this morning about workload matters. Working on version 4 of some guidance notes. They did run to 4 pages, and were full of unnecessary detail - i have now got them down to one page without losing the essence. Now under review by my peers.....

One of my first 'real' jobs involved re-writing the Departmental Expenses Code, which had remained unchanged for several decades. It included rules about which class of travel was allowed to particular grades of officials. For the lowlier ones, only third-class was allowed, although they could upgrade to second class 'in mining and dock-working districts'. There were also detailed rules about which servants could accompany senior officials who were relocated to posts abroad.

The saga continues...

Last Thursday, I fired off a very polite but extended moan to the Secretary of the Surgeon who is supposedly doing my knee replacements at some point, explaining that I am now 6 weeks on from the third pre-op and still no date for surgery and nobody answering their phones. She replied that she will ask the 'Admissions Team' to update me... I decided not to hold my breath....

So..yesterday morning, in the post, I received an appointment... for.....

A FOURTH PRE-OP!!! ...on 6th June. :mad:

I called the number on the letter, spoke to a young lady who told me that this appointment was sent out in error and that she would cancel it. I enquired as to where I'm up to in the queue for surgery and was advised to call 'Lauren' in Admissions, today.

I called Lauren..who informed me that the FOURTH pre -op should not have been cancelled as pre ops 2 and 3 were specifically for 'risk assessment' due to my Cardio issues and I still needed the 'full pre-op' 'with the nurses'. I couldn't be bothered arguing that 'the nurses' had repeated all checks and tests..weight, height, blood samples, ECG, BP, swabs, etc..etc.. at each of the three preceding pre-ops, 'to keep them valid'.

Whatever..'Lauren' informed me that all IT, emails etc.. had just 'gone down', and undertook to call me back later....

You couldn't make it up.

Had my phone consult yesterday.
After ten minutes of being asked about and describing my symptoms of Meniere’s that had gone on Saturday to be replaced by ear pressure, tinnitus and bad ear ache the doc reckoned I was correctly describing… Meniere’s and he’d like to see me today!
So I have a face to face with an actual GP at 14.00.
Giddy with excitement.

My doc has a rather fierce countenance (think Virat Kohli being run out on 99 by his no 11.) When he came into the waiting room to call me, he was dressed in mask, face shield, apron and rubber gloves. I nearly ran for it.

I think a smiley one would have been more of a concern. Considering the circumstances.

Miracle of Miracles!!! 'Lauren' has just called me back and finally confirmed that I am 'cleared for surgery' and don't need another pre-op. She apparently just needs to find a date when a specific anaesthetist is working alongside the surgeon and that needs to be within the next six weeks...

Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back