advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoovered out the van and given it a quick tidy up ready for its first service, we haven't been that busy but it has still done 18k since the start of the year.

Cleaned the car whilst I was at it, still using some old free/found products for car cleaning so that hasn't cost me much yet. Done some housework, loads of washing, been shopping, all stuff I really enjoy doing with my spare time.

Nearly had by a very convincing scam. Chap called purporting to be from Amex fraud dept. Unusual transactions on the account apparently. Called from a number 1 digit away from Amex number, sent me verification texts from Amex. Smelt a rat, put him on hold and called Amex from another phone. Rumbled. Card cancelled instantly. Another scam prevented and brilliant service from Amex. You can see how people fall for it, so so convincing.

Wandered around our harbour will all the rellies as my wife’s birthday. Realised I haven’t eaten all day. Tempted to roast a chicken and eat from oven with mustard mayo…. Tis Sunday after all.

Wife and kids are out, meal for one tonight, decided on ham and colcannon, simple and tasty washed down with a glass of Aspall's draught cyder.

Wondering if I can claim child benefit for temporary lodgers. Every time I look there seem to be more. From nine eggs there are still at least seven hanging on, and possibly eight (even if the last one doesn’t synchronise his demand for food perfectly.)

52091997204_1bd1dcbda0.jpg

52090724507_3750b507b9.jpg

took the car for its first MOT this morning. Left it there and walked back - ankle is troubling me alot....

Nearly had by a very convincing scam. Chap called purporting to be from Amex fraud dept. Unusual transactions on the account apparently. Called from a number 1 digit away from Amex number, sent me verification texts from Amex. Smelt a rat, put him on hold and called Amex from another phone. Rumbled. Card cancelled instantly. Another scam prevented and brilliant service from Amex. You can see how people fall for it, so so convincing.

Talking to Amex again, the very helpful lady suggested not using Apple Pay for maximum security. If you cancel a card due to suspected fraud etc it can stay live and automatically transfer to a new card. Be warned!

So...quoting myself again..

I fired off a very polite but extended moan to the Secretary of the Surgeon who is supposedly doing my knee replacements at some point, explaining that I am now 6 weeks on from the third pre-op and still no date for surgery and nobody answering their phones. She replied that she will ask the 'Admissions team' to update me... I'm not holding my breath

So today I received a letter informing me that I have an appointment on 6th June. ....for another sodding pre-op...which would be the fourth....

Called them. Seems it was sent in error...now cancelled. . Still no clue when I get surgery..

car passed MOT, which it should do given it is the first. Got sent a nice 5 minute video of the visual inspection, everything is as it should be.

They even washed the car and cleaned the interior.

Receiving or giving?
I’m not sure who had the worse end of the deal. I couldn’t stop finding the whole situation absurdly funny. I remember saying ‘You know, I think my entire life has been building to this moment’ then wondering if that had been a mistake. Fortunately I heard the doc laugh, otherwise the examination might have been unnecessarily vigorous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back