advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray! Check-up results and blood test all fine despite Nursie’s feigned disapproval of my Gigondas intake. In fact, better than 35 years ago. My medication-free existence can continue as before (just as well, if I were prescribed anything I’d never remember if I had taken it or not. Or wouldn’t be able to find it.)

Last edited:
Just called 119 and am now booked in for a 4th jab tomorrow.

Quoting myself again. First sign of something or other...
Anyway..if as it seems, my Cardio situation makes me eligible for a 4th jab...the question now becomes.....
How many more are in similar situations?
(I've just informed my neighbour ..a lady in her 60s with multiple heart issues, who is now going to call 119) And..how is it that GPs have not been asked to provided details to the vaccine programme folks?

Went over to my best friends art studio to see he is on with.

Took him some tiny cocktail onions. Last time he came over to mine he bought me black pudding.

He is obsessed with Chatsworth House currently, painting many watercolours and different views of it, plus surrounding architecture. As usual, the paintings are amazing.
Had a laugh about our last get together - I vomited twice… normally it is him who is the lightweight. Pah. Moaned/bragged about our kids. Talked art and technique.
His art classes are going well. I suggested (again) that he should promote his classes more proficiently - fell on deaf ears - he obviously is making enough dough.

Thursday. Wasn’t it Thursday just a few days ago?
Weeks are getting shorter as I get older.
But the minutes are hours longer, most awake pre-dawn.
I forget the rest, where did that go.

I'm afraid the golden rule of garages is that stuff always fills the space available. But good luck.

Don't I know. It was a mammoth effort clearing the old place, took months. Literally barn fulls of ‘stuff’. So much given away, tipped and burnt. It’s a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. Never again…

^^^^^^^ I had to clear the loft because of woodworm. Then put it all back again. Necessary but soul- destroying.

Today I have been mostly procrastinating: trying to put off bureaucracy, sending quotes, doing my taxes, etc. This place helps a lot.

The other distraction was a young wild boar that has been hanging around the place recently: second sighting in three days. Frantic call from my wife, who was in a deck chair enjoying the sun, to "do something". He's a young male (still has traces of dark stripes running along his back), maybe 40 kg, very laid back and not at all aggressive. He wafts in, looks at us, munches a few leaves, poses for a picture or two and generally tries to fit in and behave like a house pet. I have tried to tell him that my neighbour keeps a carbine precisely for these sorts of opportunities, as young animals taste best, but he seems oblivious.

Just had a extra slimy frey bentos steak pie mash and cabbage am doing the Lambeth walk in my pearly suit to rid the calories .

Back into That London today. Realized I haven't missed the 2 hour commute each way.

That London again tomorrow.

cooked; lovely cod fillet steamed over a chorizo and chickpea stew. Red cabbage, red onion and cucumber slaw, anointed with sea kelp vinegar (from Orkney)

The other distraction was a young wild boar that has been hanging around the place recently: second sighting in three days

“Wild Boars”

Wild Boars…”

Tradition:
Unable to see or hear phrase ‘wild boar’ without bursting into a chorus snippet from >

The Wife does exactly the same - with beatboxing for the percussion. Doesn’t everyone?

Well, we made it - lovely sociable afternoon ride, in perfect weather. Cycled-in to the studio with a young colleague who lives nearby this morning, and we completed the return leg as a group of 10; said group last seen necking pints in the sun, at the Lockbrook Inn, in preparation for their return to Bristol. Whereas Dan & I stayed for another, and wobbled the last mile home. The few good people pics aren't mine to post here.

Mmmmm Frey Bentos pies. Reminds me of caravan holidays in the 70s. With tinned potatoes.

I would leave that as a memory, FB pies are now horrific, anything that costs money has been removed, the pastry (which I thought was the best bit) is now made with some manky fat which solidifies and sticks to your mouth, nasty.

cooked; lovely cod fillet steamed over a chorizo and chickpea stew. Red cabbage, red onion and cucumber slaw, anointed with sea kelp vinegar (from Orkney)
Very nice. I like to make a white fish cassoulet from a Raymond Blanc recipe. If you can get fresh fish from the beach, it’s the only way to cook it

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back