advertisement

Today I have mainly been v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went for a blood test at the doctors’ surgery because I felt I should, and because I haven’t seen them for years.

The nurse tapped at the computer. “Oh,” she exclaimed. “We haven’t seen you for years! We had best give you a check-up!” She strapped on a blood pressure thingy and tried to make my arm explode. “It’s a bit high, we’ll come back to that.” “It’s because I hate exams and interrogations...” I tried to explain.

“We’ll measure your height and weight. Take your shoes off, please.”

“Good idea,” I said. “They would give me a fair bit of extra weight.”

“And height,” she added, rather unhelpfully, I thought. “And that’s 173cm.”

“Oh. I thought I was 175cm.”

“Sorry about that. And 66.5kg.”

That was better. “Great, my scales said that this morning with no clothes on!”

“Win some, lose some,” she said. “Now, how much do you drink?”

I told her. She paused, and we both knew what was coming next.

“You know that the...”

“...yes, I do. I also know what I told you was correct, and you don’t have to halve the figure I gave you like you do with most of your patients.”

She pursed her lips (poetic licence - we had masks on). “Let’s try your blood pressure again. Yes... that’s absolutely fine now.”

Honours even, I felt.
66.5kg?? In my dreams.

“come in No91 your time is up”
“But we don’t have 91 boats”
“No16, are you in some sort of trouble?”

Driving home from work with about 5 miles to go as I left the A46, the car started banging and rattling loudly from the rear nearside wheel arch area. Getting very worried, and driving very slow after a £500 clutch a week or so ago.

Got home and jacked it up. The top end of the rear left suspension was waggling around, not fixed to anything. A quick consult with Mr Haynes showed it looked pretty straightforward. 2 small bolts at the top, each holding a broken piece of top mount. Very rusty 15mm A/F bolt at the bottom. Liberal dose of WD40, wait and get a coffee... After 20 mins, and wire brushing the free end, came out very easily.

This is the remains of the top mount:

52080794881_e475757dbf_b.jpg

Trip to Eurocarparts in the morning, £18, in stock, sigh of relief!
That’s a shonky looking watch

some 1-2-1s with staff, listening to feedback about line management, comms, and some other things. Gathering ideas.

Booking train tickets to Penzance for our summer jaunt to the Isles of Scilly

this afternoon, starting the investigations into two alleged case of academic misconduct by students

saw a beautiful stunning sheltered housing place yesterday and too loads of pics . today finished off photo album and sent to MIL .

did another day of refreshing paintwork while a lovely couple away on honeymoon . put out an old ironing board for scrappies who took it within 5 second of putting it out !!

tried to make a complaint to the mortgage works [ nationwide ] who are THE most incompetant useless company and are driving me nuts trying to sort something oy since last year .

Last time I told a consultant how much I drank he said he was curing my prostate whilst at the same time I tried to beat my liver to death. As a compromise I tee-totalled for 30 months. Honours even I felt.

20,000 steps in London. Checked my on going external redec and then quotes for 2 clients in Holborn and Kensington. Just got to write them up tomorrow now!

Cheers BB

Ordered some Keen Newport walking sandals, I like the toe-cap.

I have a lovely old pair of Clarks ATL sandals, which are over a decade old (maybe 20 yrs?) very comfy, but open-toe. Being a clumsy swine, and a frequent toe-stubber - I think a decent toe-cap is essential.
They look wide fitting as well, which suits my frog feet.

Waiting for The Wife to get back from London - Wife has been to the National Theatre to see
‘The Corn is Green’ which has Nicola Walker in it (ace actor - in everything)

I didn’t recognise the name, but sure recognise Nicola Walker’s face.

Planted some ‘everlasting’ spinach last week, and it is sprouting - excellent.

Found some shorts in Sainsbury’s that accommodate my shapely fat arse, tarted them up with a bit of sewing. (attached funky labels etc that I have removed from other stuff) Need to sew on some more colours.

Reproofed an old kagoul, and fixed/glued some fastenings that were falling off, it is like an old friend that jacket.

Scoffed a jar of gratis cockles… (long story)

Picked up and fitted the rear suspension top mount.
When it started banging, I was worried about the cost, and if it was going to be a garage job, or DIY. In the end, it was pretty much the easiest car job I've done, other than consumables replacement. About 25 minutes, all done!

I am slowly getting back on the bike after the accident. On Monday it was a short trip to M&S as the first proper expedition. Today I took a trip up to Heather's old school to meet up with the head teacher to discuss the legacy Heather left the school to fund performing arts activities at the school. Heather and I met through helping with a youth theatre production of Bugsy Malone.

It would be fair to say before Heather met me the school and it's kids were the most important thing in her life. Her 35 years service there made her one of the longest serving members of staff in the history of the school.

My route took me both ways round the roundabout where the accident occurred. A wee bit slower due to lack of fitness and electric assistance. (The e-bike needs a new crank and pedal before I can use it). At least the traffic was quiet so good for a first effort.

Last edited:
Spring Covid Booster this morning, that jab number 5, so far zero side effects after all 5.

RAC sent insurance renewal quote for the wife's Jeep £232 up from £206 and a bump to £450XS, quick shufty on Money Supermarket cos the car details were already in and 5 mins later £192 with £300XS - Churchill plus a £30 Halfords voucher against a Service. Funny old game Insurance, just renewed the company vans with Admiral and they were down 20% compared to last year.

..wondering if my bicycle, and former ability to pile on the miles, still works as expected.

Tomorrow 'we've' about 1/4 of our Bristol office up for riding Bristol-Bath-rtn the long, lazy way via the easy cycle path route, in support of ... friends of ours, in need: '50K in May' - may as well do it in metres in one go as a very sociable, wandering, late afternoon/early evening ride-out! : D

Self & young colleague get to check the route by riding the commute-in first thing tomorrow, from Baff ter Brizzle ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back