advertisement

Tiger Paw Javelin Tone Arm

Emil, we have catered for alternative stylus/cartridge distances by incorporating an offset on the bearing pillar. If you rotate the bearing pillar you can alter the spindle to bearing distance by +/- 1.8mms and this provides optimum alignment for a much broader range of cartridges. If you let me have the stylus to mounting hole distance of your Koetsu I can check to see if you can achieve the correct alignment. I haven't used a Koetsu in a Javelin but would love to try it at some point. I know we have several people using Dynavector XV1s etc with good results.

----and after that a version to fit the Linn Keel. I'm looking forward to the latter as that could provide Keel owners with another interesting option for them to consider.

+1

I really don't want to go to the trouble and expense of changing the 'Keel' on my LP12, when all I want is a replacement for the Ekos.
Given my advanced years, rather than waiting, it probably makes more sense to buy an alternative chassis to fit a 2nd hand Aro or to fit the Nima that's already mounted on my Goldring G99.:)

Regards

Mike Kelshaw

Emil, we have catered for alternative stylus/cartridge distances by incorporating an offset on the bearing pillar. If you rotate the bearing pillar you can alter the spindle to bearing distance by +/- 1.8mms and this provides optimum alignment for a much broader range of cartridges. If you let me have the stylus to mounting hole distance of your Koetsu I can check to see if you can achieve the correct alignment. I haven't used a Koetsu in a Javelin but would love to try it at some point. I know we have several people using Dynavector XV1s etc with good results.

Stylus to mounting hole distance is 11mm, measured from the hole center. Koetsu use 2,6mm bolts, the majority of the carts - 2,5.

So far I get the best mounting and sounding results, when I make the left hole of the Aro headshell slightly wider.
I tried with two more holes and geometry is fine, but sound strangely not. My guess is, that the headshell is thin and not rigid enough to accommodate more holes. Of course this headshell works fine as a part of the Aro design.

One of the first things I noticed on the Javelin arm was the thickness of the headshell.

advertisement

Back