advertisement

Thread to Get Cancelled

@matthewr

clearly, you need to set up a forum-catharsis consulting business and "share" your genius with the corporate world. judging by this thread, your upcoming book "forum fragility" will surely make it to the NYT best-seller list, revolutionize social media, make everyone get along, etc.

That’s a tricky one. What is the certain level? Isn’t ‘merit’ synonymous with quality, or talent? It can’t really be inversely proportional in that case... did you mean popular appreciation?

The level is just one of basic competence because you can be a relatively poor guitarist and make great music (e.g. Billy Bragg). But beyond that the world if full of dazzlingly good guitarists who wouldn't know a good musical idea if it hit them in the face.

The level is just one of basic competence because you can be a relatively poor guitarist and make great music (e.g. Billy Bragg). But beyond that the world if full of dazzlingly good guitarists who wouldn't know a good musical idea if it hit them in the face.
Ah, now I’m with you. In fact I would have understood if you had simply said ‘Steve Vai.’

one of my cousins tried to explain that to me when i was 14 and he played a king crimson record to illustrate how robert fripp was better than eddie van halen. it seemed like the most ridiculous idea ever at the time.

All, and American too!

PS They are all exactly the same aren’t they? The other ball sports (baseball, hockey, cricket, tennis and golf) all use a bat. See, I know things.

As Alan Partridge once said “Wings; the band The Beatles could have been”.

i saw a bit of "the trip to greece" a couple of weeks ago and finally understood that alan partridge was not alan partridge's real name.

p.s. i own 3 or 4 wings albums and only one beatles album, which was a gift from a friend who wanted to hear it on my fancy stereo and only played that one time.

All, and American too!

PS They are all exactly the same aren’t they? The other ball sports (baseball, hockey, cricket, tennis and golf) all use a bat. See, I know things.

They're not really sports. Real sports use ammunition or petrol.

I like this game but... It's a mystery to me.
Don't you have to have a job to get cancelled?
And that, sort of rules me out.

PS I think it was Will Ferrel used that Wings gag in one of his movies. As well as AP.

one of my cousins tried to explain that to me when i was 14 and he played a king crimson record to illustrate how robert fripp was better than eddie van halen. it seemed like the most ridiculous idea ever at the time.

Isn't choosing between those like choosing whether to die by immolation or drowning?

i saw a bit of "the trip to greece" a couple of weeks ago and finally understood that alan partridge was not alan partridge's real name.

You are really maxing out your forum image as an aging, out-of-touch Marxist professor :)

advertisement

Back