advertisement

Thread for photos of really nice record shelves

is this thread restricted to shelving for records? what about spice racks? is a sock drawer a step too far?

i taught on a youth enterprise type thing in the 80's. one of the ideas from the course head was to make spice racks. i refused to do that.

My shelves are far from nice, and were dirt cheap from B & Q.
Variety of colours, mostly green and red.
I don’t really think of them as long as they stay put.

Even less mentionable are the horrible plastic crates of records on the floor that need sorting.
About 5 of them. Not pretty.

I have got some pleasing record boxes on wheels, but they ain’t shelves.

simple oak display shelves (above Marleys head in the corner)

Those cats really Thai the room together.

So far, all the pic's show records stored edge out. I know, for space reasons, this is the predominant method, but if you've got alcoves, having your records a la record shop for easy browsing and access must be beneficial.

I got so fed up with storage boxes and cabinets that I built two shelves in each alcove with four front to back rows on each. However, this only accommodates around 1000 records without being too tightly packed. I've got more than this so had to buils a free-standing front to back one which houses well over 100 plus CDs

I'm now going downstairs to bribe my wife into opening up a hosting site (prob. beyond me now as I struggled sometimes with Photobucket a few years ago even on Win 7). I miss this facility.

Ahh, so it's not just me that ends up doing that! Nice shelving BTW.
Thanks. Even if I had the room I’d still keep a few covers out. Good as pictures on the wall IMHO….. AND they change: what’s not to like? :)

When you reach 10,000 albums as an individual what percentage actually get played? I get that if something pops into you’re head the ability to pull the track / album off the shelf is wonderful, effectively analog streaming!
I just wonder if owners of such large collections put a small card in the sleeve of each album with its “last date played” how many were actually in regular rotation and how many are bought and just shelved!

advertisement

Back