advertisement

Thomas Cook

civil servants to produce lines- a naughty boy or girl has just pulled it from the files, done a swift edit on their laptop and dropped their Minister right in it. Someone will get their wrist slapped.

indeed - although as my MP he is shite

Apparently many holidays booked thru Thomas cook are still valid as they were booked with other operators. Because of the demise of cook these operators have no way of contacting customers so thousands may lose out on a top protection if they wrongly assume they are cancelled. Times sat 28th

They’ll find out when they try to claim.

if the ATOL certificate does not say TC but another company their holiday is still valid.

yes but the article points out that many may rebook thinking theirs have become defunct , and when they come to claim they will find they have no claim as it was not defunct

Just to show every cloud has a tiny silver lining, the repatriated elderly couple I am about to pick up have flown back to Manchester first class on an A380 rather than standard on an A321 into Brum. Nice!

Well, they say a week is a long time in politics.

It seems the usual doom-mongers on the forum were wrong again as the repatriation has gone well for most people. The left wing press and BBC must be gutted.

Ray

It seems the usual doom-mongers on the forum were wrong again as the repatriation has gone well for most people.
Maybe I missed something, but I didn't really get a sense that we'd predicted the repatriation would go badly. And how do you measure 'gone well'? People were brought home, more or less within the timescales they expected. That's pretty much the objective and, to that extent, it has 'gone well' - people aren't stranded without food or accommodation and, pretty much, have gotten home OK. I suspect, had this happened in high season, the logistics might have been even more challenging, so there's a blessing, if you're looking for one.

It seems the usual doom-mongers on the forum were wrong again as the repatriation has gone well for most people. The left wing press and BBC must be gutted.

Ray

who said it wouldn’t?

See posts 72, 79, 85, 91, 96 and 97.
Well, neither 72, 96 or 97 has anything remotely to do with the repatriation programme, and the others are just speculating as to whether getting enough aircraft capacity will be a problem, which is clearly a key logistical issue and hardly doom-mongering.

So your winge has no basis and was just trolling as your lame attempt at justification clearly shows.

Yep, natural English speaker here albeit with a North Eastern accent.

I can usually be relied on to manage two way dialogue/exchange in a face to face context.

Operating a keyboard is more difficult though due to nerve damage to my hands from time in the military and I don't sleep real well anymore which can affect my alertness state.

So apologies in advance if my comprehension/typing is not up to the standard of the seasoned PF elite.

Ray

Last edited:

advertisement

Back