advertisement

This is going to divide opinion!

I really like it. Ignore these old farts. They are just stuck in their ways. Hope you enjoy it.

So tell us more about how it SOUNDS Mike? Will it be a keeper?
You've had every HP amp there is, so you must know when something good comes along!

The d’Agostino (spelling?) amp used in one room at Audio Show Deluxe had the same, er, aesthetic: looked like 2 completely different designers had worked on the control stuff and on the power supply. I don’t get it!
Yes, but d'Agostino kit looks like the worst excesses of Gianni Versace or his reptilian sister, lacking only inset quilted leopardskin side panels to complete their vision. Tasteless, but expensively done.

Maybe it's a poor photograph, but to me the top half of this looks like B&M's idea of bling, the knobs and display look kind of cheap. And the pinched front panel doesn't help. ("Yes, they are a wee bit too big, but we can soon hammer that into shape...")

Perhaps all is not lost, noting the top bit has a smaller footprint than the base, perhaps one could fashion a matching cover, valve cage style?

Or if all else fails, put a tea cosy on it.

So tell us more about how it SOUNDS Mike? Will it be a keeper?
You've had every HP amp there is, so you must know when something good comes along!

Have a look at message #16

re SQ - haven't had lot of time today but playing a bit of Jeff Beck at the moment and it sounds great. The SR-007's sound really open, reminiscent of a good planar 'phone. My experience of playing rock music with the KGST/ SR-007 has been less than positive, so colour me impressed. Still haven't had time to try the Verites - will plug those in tomorrow.

Even sounding really good on Led Zep 1🤔. Anyone want to buy a KGST? Only joking.....or am I? Seriously, people say the SR007 Mk2 is the "dynamic" e-stat - starting to understand why. Will go back to the KGST tomorrow and play the same tracks.

advertisement

Back