advertisement

Things to do on a day out in Manchester

Coop Live cancelled tonight’s official opening this morning!
That’s the third cancellation.
They’re cancelling more often than Morrissey.
It still looks like a building site.
Unbelievable.

Unbelievable.

Oh no eldest daughter who's at Uni in Manchester is taking youngest daughter to see Olivia Rodrigo there on Saturday and I'm driving her up from London.

Unbelievable.
It's getting embarrassing now, tonight's gig was cancelled at 18:40 after fans had travelled. Pathetic!

Unbelievable.
I heard earlier this week that only 25% of the electrical fit out is completed. Not sure how reliable a source it was, but it’d fit with the resignation of the chief exec. Being nearly, but not quite, finished on schedule isn’t a resigning matter; being so far behind that the schedule is no longer in sight, probably is.

Now being reported the rapper fella and Keane will be on this weekend at the AO Arena instead of Coop Live.

Keane confirmed their Sunday gig is off .

Take That on May 10th now postponed too according to X.

When will this place open?

ours it at the end of June, so might be OK. We'll still have our 2 days in Manc regardless

Mr. Thomas’s used to be a great call but the thing it was famous for, the corned beef hash, is a pale shadow of what it used to be. The decor is still there but it’s only “okay” nowadays as a place to eat or drink.

Interesting to see your comment Mike. I was a huge, regular fan of the corned beef hash. Then had it again 2-3 years ago and for the first time was disappointed - the price had grown and I was sure the portion size had shrunk.

Rob

Interesting to see your comment Mike. I was a huge, regular fan of the corned beef hash. Then had it again 2-3 years ago and for the first time was disappointed - the price had grown and I was sure the portion size had shrunk.

Rob
we'll see - i have never been, few of my friends that work at MMU recommended it to us. Opinions are relative to previous experience.

Rob
Yes, ecactly this. The corned beef hash was a joy. I went with a friend early in the New Year and it was about 50% of the original size; had a vague sense of a taste of the original and cost about 40% more. I have made better ones at home to be honest and, had that been my first visit, I’d have wondered what the fuss was. Service was average but I’m loathe to be critical of that or even portion size as lots of places are having those issues through no fault of their own. No excuses on the taste though. It was average to below average and living on reputation rather fhan current quality.

advertisement

Back