advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

True. Those are insane numbers. I saw a YouTube watch channel based out of Singapore and the presenters were obviously very disparaging of the situation in London (they probably would be regardless). The theme was what ‘beater’ to wear while out on the streets of London (limited edition Seiko 5s came out quite highly).
Tks for that: I've just received a Seiko 5 limited edition of the 1968 one. Only disappointing aspect is the 'Made in China' on the back: apparently only the first 1,000 were made in Japan.
Not sure how much I will wear it but I hope grandson does when his wrist is large enough.

Tks for that: I've just received a Seiko 5 limited edition of the 1968 one. Only disappointing aspect is the 'Made in China' on the back: apparently only the first 1,000 were made in Japan.
Not sure how much I will wear it but I hope grandson does when his wrist is large enough.
Damn fine watch

A new addition to the collection.

XW78nUK.jpg

The model is the 1968 Diver’s Modern Re-interpretation GMT and also the Seiko Watchmaking 110th Anniversary - SEIKO PROSPEX Save the Ocean Limited Edition. This one is made in Japan

Is that a pale blue face/dial or does it have a hint of lilac as your picture suggests?
Many wrist worthy models in the Prospex series...I'm a big fan of the date window being anywhere except the 3 o'clock position.

I recently heard about the Christopher Ward C1 Bel Canto, an interesting watch with an hourly chime and an unusual dial and layout that lets you see the chiming mechanism in action. It comes in various colours and strap options... but it's expensive. Several £K and then some. I'm not sure if I'd ever want one myself, but I appreciate the approach to design all the same.

C01-41APT1-T00B0-B0_Picture_1.jpg

I recently heard about the Christopher Ward C1 Bel Canto, an interesting watch with an hourly chime and an unusual dial and layout that lets you see the chiming mechanism in action. It comes in various colours and strap options... but it's expensive. Several £K and then some. I'm not sure if I'd ever want one myself, but I appreciate the approach to design all the same.

C01-41APT1-T00B0-B0_Picture_1.jpg

quite like that - could bring me out of watch buying retirement.

The customisation of watches and the question as to whether this violates the trade mark rights of the manufacturers has recently come up in several jurisdictions:

It's Watches and Wonders opening day in Geneva, and Vacheron Constantin has done it again:

Impressive engineering, but in a case 90mm dia x 50mm deep it's a chunky thing. A hockey puck sized clock with lots of complications.

Impressive engineering, but in a case 90mm dia x 50mm deep it's a chunky thing. A hockey puck sized clock with lots of complications.
So what? It’s not really designed for wearing on your wrist when having a Sunday roast at your local ‘Spoons!

advertisement

Back