advertisement

The watch thread: pocket, wrist, sporty, showy? You name it!

The Grana is indeed the rarest of the WWW watches. I don't believe that it is anything special, certainly not 'better' than any of its brethren. But if you are collecting the entire series, this one is very tough to get.

The other sought after ones are the IWC, JLC and Longines. In fact, the entire collection is very nice and usually can be serviced and maintained, and they wear very cool. For a long time, many of these WWW watches were very affordable but like other military watches they have all hugely increased in price.

IMO the British military had the nicest watches of any country and a wide range of different brands and models. No other country comes close although the French had some really great airforce watches. If your father or grandfather ever served in the military, you may have a very cool and valuable timepiece hidden away in your family belongings.

I’ve seen this limited edition Citizen watch & am sorely tempted. I would be very interested to hear the views of the pfm watch collective. I like the dial in particular and the construction. The only problem is that I favour the blue dial model but that is not available with the titanium bracelet, that only comes with the black face here -

https://www.citizenwatch.co.uk/promaster-tough-bn0118-55e.html

Any comments, positive or negative or neutral, are welcome.
I have two Citizen watches. Both about 20 years old now. Both still going strong. One is stainless steel like the watch shown, the other a titanium Skyhawk. Citizen make excellent watches. I’m sorely tempted by the one you showed.
John

I have two Citizen watches. Both about 20 years old now. Both still going strong. One is stainless steel like the watch shown, the other a titanium Skyhawk. Citizen make excellent watches. I’m sorely tempted by the one you showed.
John
The one I linked to is titanium or super titanium according to the blurb! I contacted my local Citizen dealer about getting the blue faced version with the matching bracelet. After making an enquiry she called back to report that the blue model only came with the strap as shown but I could buy the bracelet separately. When I asked how much this would cost she replied, with embarrassment, that it cost more than the black faced model WITH the bracelet.

At this point my interest evaporated. :(

My watch hunt stopped because of needing a DAC instead but the last one I was contemplating might suit you...

https://citizen.co.th/product/bj7100-15l-4/

bj7100-15l.jpg

Still enjoying the Reverso Duoface :). Cheers Shrink :)

5176-B049-BD8-C-4035-9665-F0967-AE7-F127.jpg" alt="5176-B049-BD8-C-4035-9665-F0967-AE7-F127
That's very, very classy. A classic piece of design. Much as I like it, it's not for me. I'm an outdoor type, so I'll stick with the Se iko Alpinist for best and a field watch on a NATO when I'm out getting wet.

That's very, very classy. A classic piece of design. Much as I like it, it's not for me. I'm an outdoor type, so I'll stick with the Se iko Alpinist for best and a field watch on a NATO when I'm out getting wet.
I hear you. For dirty/scuffy type work I wear a Cex Diver (a quartz Seiko diver clone) which seems indestructible; the rest of the time I alternate Milgauss and Sub, with the JLC Master Control Date for super classy things and this for a bit of variety. There may be a vacancy for a chronograph in a bit…

The Oyster bracelet is a masterpiece. I can wear the watch all day and there’s no discomfort whatsoever. That’s not the sort of thing you’ll discover while trying a watch on in a shop.

advertisement

Back