advertisement

The Wam Show is dead - Long Live the Maverick Hifi Enthusiasts Show

There was one year where the owner (think his name was Steve, but I’m hopeless with names) actually had to cut the bass horn in half as it wouldn’t fit through the door of the room he’d been allocated! He didn’t seem to care either, I just stood there watching in disbelief as he hacked it in half with a saw. I guess that’s the beauty of DIY; if you built it in the first place you can build it again/fix it.

PS There were larger horns in other rooms too. The room near the bar always had a truly insane system in it. My picture below is just terrible, it just doesn’t capture the scale at all, the square bass horn facing the camera were huge, must have been at least 6’ long, and that’s before one considers all the subs. Like an audiophile version of something one would find at Ministry Of Sound, Cream or wherever. Always some amazing turntables in that room too; TechDAS, SME 30 etc.

8524701373_6ca76e8e60_c.jpg

That must have been some experience, I would have been tempted to put a clothes rack in front of it and some damp washing and let metal, house, or Beethoven’s 5th sort them!

At the moment, to contact us, please email me at [email protected].

We may switch to a show email address, but the one above will do for now. Thanks to all those who have shown interest so far. And, again, a big thanks to Tony and all at PFM for allowing us to post this thread.

Thanks Dunc.

Just to reiterate, the show is nothing to do with the Wam. This is a show by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. It doesn't matter if you belong to a forum or not. PFM have been very good to us over the years, it would be great to have you along exhibiting and visiting.

Thanks Dunc.

Just to reiterate, the show is nothing to do with the Wam. This is a show by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. It doesn't matter if you belong to a forum or not. PFM have been very good to us over the years, it would be great to have you along exhibiting and visiting.
The postings on FaceBook might need revising then because they suggest that the 2024 show is the Wam show but under a different name.

I put a lovely post up on the naim forum about the show last night and for some reason it got deleted.
Haven't a clue why as other hifi show threads don't get deleted. Plus if anything this being a show run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts , and not commercial at all you would think they would like it.

I put a lovely post up on the naim forum about the show last night and for some reason it got deleted.
Haven't a clue why as other hifi show threads don't get deleted. Plus if anything this being a show run by enthusiasts for enthusiasts , and not commercial at all you would think they would like it.

It's there at the moment, someone must have flagged it and this apparently puts threads as invisible until Richard can look at them.

.sjb

Rooms filling up nicely. If you want to exhibit, get your name down quick!

Already we have an idea of kit which will be at the show, including Quad 'statics, Michell Gyrodec, Klipsch Cornwalls, Notts Hyperspace, Graham LS6, Django TVC pre, Leak Stereo 20, Nagra CDP, Altec 9845a monitors, Garrard 301, Sony WM-D6, Kef 103 4 way actives...

Evening all. Those of you who are Wam members will see the site down this evening, with a large number of error codes thrown up.
We know little of what is going on, but believe there is no IT support at the moment.
This has absolutely no effect on the show. As we have stressed, the show is an enthusiasts show, run by enthusiasts.
The FB page was always going to be a main method of communicating about the show to all, whether forum members or not.
So it's full steam ahead for next October. If we have any info about the Wam we will share it here, and on the usual forum threads. We have external contact details for all who have expressed their interest in exhibiting, and will be in touch in due course.
Thanks to PFM again for allowing us to post this thread, and for your support for the show.

I have just seen this posted on the Maverick Facebook page. It is excellent news.

“Hi All.

In the next couple of days, a new forum, www.maverick-hifi.com, will be up and running. Hopefully latest middle of next week. This forum is a place where discussions around next year, and future year's, shows can take place.

There is plenty of room for other categories of interest around hi-fi, music etc.”

advertisement

Back