advertisement

The Wam Show is dead - Long Live the Maverick Hifi Enthusiasts Show

Signed up to the Maverick site pretty soon after it was launched, but can't use it due to the dark background. :confused:

I accept that it's a first world problem, but I just hope that they can offer an alternative at some point in the future.

Signed up to the Maverick site pretty soon after it was launched, but can't use it due to the dark background. :confused:

I accept that it's a first world problem, but I just hope that they can offer an alternative at some point.
I like the dark background.
I have pfm set to dark mode as well.
Unless there is a way to make the Maverick forum user definable in that respect you just have to accept that you can't please everyone.

I accept that it's a first world problem, but I just hope that they can offer an alternative at some point in the future.
Depending on what device use there may be a setting to invert the colours. On an iPad it’s called Smart Invert. Not ideal but might be a short term fix for you.

I like the dark background.
I have pfm set to dark mode as well.
Unless there is a way to make the Maverick forum user definable in that respect you just have to accept that you can't please everyone.
I dislike the dark background with a vengeance on account of it being more tiring to use. As a consequence I visit the Maverick site less often than I would otherwise. So be it. The pity would be if the site traffic falls off because of that dark background but that might happen.

The guys worked hard and got it up and running at breakneck speed and all credit to them for doing that but sometimes less haste and more speed is the better route.

Is the wam forum site still going ?
As I can't get anything to open up.
It's goosed, from snippets of threads I’ve seen I’m guessing the hosting fees at Nimbus have not been paid.

Domain renewal date in 23rd July, be interesting to see if it renews.

I dislike the dark background with a vengeance on account of it being more tiring to use. As a consequence I visit the Maverick site less often than I would otherwise. So be it. The pity would be if the site traffic falls off because of that dark background but that might happen.

The guys worked hard and got it up and running at breakneck speed and all credit to them for doing that but sometimes less haste and more speed is the better route.

Site traffic & membership is going absolutely through the roof Nick.
Bear in mind the dark background doesnt use as much power.
So being black...is green.
Just cant please all the people all of the time.

Site traffic & membership is going absolutely through the roof Nick.
Bear in mind the dark background doesnt use as much power.
So being black...is green.
Just cant please all the people all of the time.
For sure can’t please everyone and I have not harped on about it over there. The guys have done well.

advertisement

Back