advertisement

The Tory Party's last Budget for a while..?

Meanwhile from those pesky Extremist Deep State Blob Wokist Tofu Eaters at the ONS...

ovsfgry.png

All this ****ing useless **** about **** all. Meanwhile these ****s on the news have relegated Gaza to the parrot that says bugger.

The smugness with which he delivered the news about shooting Labour's fox on Non-Doms was nauseating. I could scarcely believe he uttered that line about taking the money Labour had allocated to public spending, and turned it into tax cuts. Like he was proud of it. Does he not travel around? Does he not see the parlous state of our public services, our high streets, our councils? Does he deny the need for public spending so vehemently he is proud of taking resources from them and giving them away as tax cuts?

It wasn't a budget, it was a Party Political Broadcast and I couldn't bring myself to listen another minute, after he did that.

The smugness with which he delivered the news about shooting Labour's fox on Non-Doms was nauseating. I could scarcely believe he uttered that line about taking the money Labour had allocated to public spending, and turned it into tax cuts. Like he was proud of it. Does he not travel around? Does he not see the parlous state of our public services, our high streets, our councils? Does he deny the need for public spending so vehemently he is proud of taking resources from them and giving them away as tax cuts?

It wasn't a budget, it was a Party Political Broadcast and I couldn't bring myself to listen another minute, after he did that.
To be fair he's also announced the brilliant, never before attempted, initiative of telling government departments to make 5% efficiency savings so they can do more with less money. I honestly don't know why no one has thought of this before as it can't fail. It may on the face of it look like utter desperation from a government that has run out of money, ideas and frankly the will to live, but I personally don't think he's gone far enough. Just think how much more efficient departments would be, what wonders they could achieve, if their budgets were cut by 100%!

The Resolution Foundation said that, after taking account of rising prices, the average wage will not regain its 2008 level until 2026.
The body also said that Wednesday's Budget will mean a net tax cut of £9bn is taking effect in an election year.
However, it also said pensioners had been the big losers from tax changes during this parliament.

This is staggering:

UK to have first parliament in modern history with fall in living standards, says Resolution Foundation

Household incomes are on course to fall for the first time over the course of a parliament despite Jeremy Hunt’s national insurance cuts, the Resolution Foundation thinktank has said in its assessment of the budget.

“Jeremy Hunt just announced a huge tax cut for landlords.

Reminder: Hunt owns seven flats. Watch our investigation.”
Led By Donkeys.

PS It is also worth mentioning that this is the same multimillionaire spiv Jeremy Hunt that has been monstering Angela Rayner for selling a council house.

3.28 The government will implement a change to Capital Gains Tax (CGT) to support the housing market. The higher rate of CGT for residential property disposals will be cut from 28% to 24%. The lower rate will remain at 18% for any gains that fall within an individual’s basic rate band. This will encourage landlords and second home-owners to sell their properties, making more available for a variety of buyers including those looking to get on the housing ladder for the first time, while also raising revenue over the forecast period. Private Residence Relief will remain in place, meaning the vast majority of residential property disposals will pay no CGT

Isn’t dead-eyed psychopathy the product of an amoral mind set?
I think it's more helpful to think of it as an institutional pathology - the institutions being the Treasury, the BoE, the City in particular, and the media-political class in general - brought on from being very well insulated from democracy. The point isn't really whether Hunt is, personally, a callous, self-serving prick or not. It's that he's obliged to act like one if he's to fill the position of Chancellor in either of the two main parties.

3.28 The government will implement a change to Capital Gains Tax (CGT) to support the housing market. The higher rate of CGT for residential property disposals will be cut from 28% to 24%. The lower rate will remain at 18% for any gains that fall within an individual’s basic rate band. This will encourage landlords and second home-owners to sell their properties, making more available for a variety of buyers including those looking to get on the housing ladder for the first time, while also raising revenue over the forecast period. Private Residence Relief will remain in place, meaning the vast majority of residential property disposals will pay no CGT
Where on earth do you get the notion that Private Residence Relief covers the vast majority of properties being let?

A decent initiative.

advertisement

Back