advertisement

The Steve Davis Band (Utopia Strong)

I played a bit if it earlier, its really rather good. I suspect he thinks he’s a German living in around 1971, it could almost pass for say Ash Ra Temple at their most ambient. I’m tempted to buy the studio album.

My copy turned up today safe and sound; no corner dings, vinyl unmarked (now cleaned and in a fresh Nagaoka ready for a spin later). Looks great, #14/250 and fully signed on rear sleeve. Can’t see this one being anything other than an investment!

Postman hasn't been yet but I reckon whoever gets 147/250 will be minted for life. This one is first of a series (how long I don't know) so will be worth keeping an eye out for notifications from Bandcamp.

Postman hasn't been yet but I reckon whoever gets 147/250 will be minted for life. This one is first of a series (how long I don't know) so will be worth keeping an eye out for notifications from Bandcamp.
Ha, hadn't though of that! Mines 117/250, so I suppose if I were less than honest.....

Steve was on Saturday Live this morning doing his 'inheritance tracks' (the song that influenced you most and the song you'd like to pass on)

Track inherited - Robert Wyatt - Sea Song
Track to pass on - Tim Smith - Swimming With the Snake

1:04:30 if you're interested: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000v74f

This arrived last week from DiN.

a1329948036_16.jpg

Which features a 7 minute electronica track by Steve.

https://din7d.bandcamp.com/album/tone-science-module-no-4-form-and-function

If anyone's near to Reading, and fancies seeing them, they're at Down At the Abbey in September.
We'd got tickets primarily to see Lonelady and Snapped Ankles; then they got added to the bill a few weeks later - bonus.

Steve and Kavus are doing a DJ set at the Social near Cavendish Sq, London in August. Gutted I wont be able to make it-they spin some seriously good tunes.

Another Utopia Strong live album has just gone up on Bandcamp. An edition of 250 signed and with a hand-printed sleeve. I’ve just grabbed one.

advertisement

Back