advertisement

The Sparks Brothers

The last two albums, Hippopotamus & A Steady Drip Drip Drip are superb, a couple of songs are somewhat wacky to some maybe but this is the essence of Sparks & always has been.

I love this in particular amongst many :

I saw Sparks in November, 1974, during the Kimono My House tour. Me and my mate were the oldest people in the audience (apart from accompanying mothers etc.), by a country mile.

At the end of the gig the band walked off to applause that suddenly perered out into confused murmiring; the crowd, through lack of experience, had no idea what to do next.

Sparks were very good.

I watched it last night on Netflix out of curiosity not really knowing much about Sparks beyond " This Town". By the end I totally fallen in love with them and have spent today exploring the back catalogue which is packed full of absolute gems and moments of pop genius.

Last edited:
This is how to be 73 and 76. Their performance after winning the Cesar for best song this year - from their very curious film Annette

73 and 76 yrs old, at that age they should be on PFM arguing about anything n everything, instead they seem to get better with age in my opinion, long may they continue.

advertisement

Back