advertisement

The snooker

Interestingly Murphy was on commentary duty when he was still in the tournament - doesn't quite sit right with me.

I rarely watch snooker, but I've found watching it with the sound off is very relaxing. It helps that I've no idea who's playing, and no interest, vested or otherwise, in any particular player.
I used to do a similar thing with golf, zero interest in the blokes playing Pooh sticks but the manicured courses at no doubt huge expense were a great backdrop whilst I sat and listened to music and read.

I like the sound of an iranian player.. interesting, & he's actually got some personality dissing Ronnie Childish with a succinct & smart few words I thought! He's my fav. Even though Ive never seen him hit a ball yet.

It was interesting seeing Si lose his mojo, very slightly! I thought the pressure wasn’t getting to him, but he missed a few towards the end.

Missed the action tonight, been at the cricket club. Look forward to it tomorrow, one hell of a talent whatever happens.

Such a contrast in styles between the two semi finals - the Selby/Allen match is a bit of a slog whereas the other match is a don't blink or you'll miss it affair.

Such a contrast in styles between the two semi finals - the Selby/Allen match is a bit of a slog whereas the other match is a don't blink or you'll miss it affair.

Selby bores me rigid, he just grinds opponents down. You can hear the frustration in Hendry's commentating about his style of play and it is so boring to watch. Not takig anything away from his talent, but he's not an entertainer. Hoping for an Allen vs Si final. Mark Allen has come through a lot in the last couple of years and would love him to win it after his struggles, but hats off to Si too as he has just gone from strength to strength and given what a different culture he is playing in compared to what he is used to and his young age I would love to see him win it too... it would be an entertaining final for sure.

Selby bores me rigid
Yep - he's certainly not an entertaining watch but unfortunately I think over 33 frames he's going to be too strong for Allen.
I've been attending the Masters at the Ally Pally for the last few years and prefer the shorter match format plus the fact that it's a single table affair from the off.

I've been attending the Masters at the Ally Pally for the last few years and prefer the shorter match format plus the fact that it's a single table affair from the off.

us too, I'd go as far to say they should look at moving the world championship from the Crucible

advertisement

Back