advertisement

The snooker

If Murphy continues playing at the same level as yesterday he'll be difficult, if not impossible, to beat.
Either way should be a great final.

Selby is a void into which all enjoyment disappears. He doesn't even look like he's enjoying it.

This ^^^^ Ebdon was the same. I was hoping for a Bingham/Wilson final, but as soon as Selby got through I decided not to bother with it, it's like watching paint dry. I know tactical snooker is immensely skillful and it's a sport I can enjoy and have done for several decades, but I will only watch the likes of Hendry, Trump, O'Sullivan, White and not the Griffiths, Thorburn, Selby, Ebdon type of player.... life's too short.

In retrospect it was a poor decision but I think at the time Murphy was intent on trying to keep Selby off the table and if he had managed to close that frame who knows?
I'm pleased for Selby - not the best watch - but overall very definitely the best player.

I was glad that Murphy made a good fight of it, but was always hanging on by fingernails right from the start. His true 'A' game hardly appeared - run out of steam or cleverly stifled?, I am not sure.

Anyone watching the Cazoo Masters. - Great first match, second one less so.

We are off to the first Saturday semi next week

Just got back from Williams/O'Sullivan match - brilliant from start to finish.
Unfortunately feeling too knackered to go to the evening match.

Just got back from Williams/O'Sullivan match - brilliant from start to finish.
Unfortunately feeling to knackered to go to the evening match.

we are going to the morning semi on Saturday. We won't do 2 sessions in a day anymore, too exhausting.

we are going to the morning semi on Saturday. We won't do 2 sessions in a day anymore, too exhausting.
I think you're right - I managed it yesterday & the day before but today I just feel drained after watching such a great match.
I'm hoping Lisowski goes through tonight to play Williams in the semis for what could potentially be another cracking tie.

advertisement

Back