advertisement

The Rise of the Far Right

If one ever finds oneself on the side of actual Nazis it is safe to conclude a serious rethink of one’s life choices is required.

I think this is a useful rule of thumb.

The absolute state of that lot in the video! I guess drag queens aren't the only ones who like dressing up to get attention. They just have more imagination and better taste.

Good video from Owen Jones highlighting how trans rights, LGBTQ+ rights and womens rights always rise and fall together. He is absolutely right on this IMO. It is historically well documented.

PS Interesting and refreshing to see previously Tory-aligned TV property presenter Kirstie Allsopp endorsing and retweeting the video (Twitter). This hopefully is an indicator that the truly vile far-right bigotry, division and hatred of the Conservative Party Chairman’s proposed ‘culture war’ is a step too far for many Tory voters.

Another fine defeat for the anti-trans lot. Really goes to show what a (vile) minority they are.
https://www.theguardian.com/society...els-film-screening-after-trans-rights-protest

“Our goal was always to challenge it and make sure it was never going to be allowed to go unchallenged in society, because hate crime, transphobia and bigotry should never go unchallenged.”

There's been no backlash yet from the Guardians firmly resident transphobic writers; could be early days, though.

There must be other countries that do far right Dystopia better than this. It’s as if Spike Milligan has been asked to do it on the radio:

xGF5XbA.jpg

There must be other countries that do far right Dystopia better than this. It’s as if Spike Milligan has been asked to do it on the radio:

xGF5XbA.jpg
The Express has a daily circulation of around 170,000. That’s just under two Wembley stadiums. It reminds me of The Simpsons Springfield Shopper with its ‘Old Man Yells At Cloud’ banner headline.

The Express has a daily circulation of around 170,000. That’s just under two Wembley stadiums. It reminds me of The Simpsons Springfield Shopper with its ‘Old Man Yells At Cloud’ banner headline.

How much traffic does it get online though?

Did someone forget to tell their political editor that Garry Lineker isn’t the leader of the opposition but just an ex-footballer?

Another fine defeat for the anti-trans lot. Really goes to show what a (vile) minority they are.
https://www.theguardian.com/society...els-film-screening-after-trans-rights-protest

“Our goal was always to challenge it and make sure it was never going to be allowed to go unchallenged in society, because hate crime, transphobia and bigotry should never go unchallenged.”

There's been no backlash yet from the Guardians firmly resident transphobic writers; could be early days, though.

Interesting that the organisers pulled the screening over 'safety concerns' when the protesters don't appear to have been preventing anyone entering.

Directly opposite the theatre entrance, around 100 trans-rights activists, academics and students, standing behind a crowd barrier, took part in a sing-along organised by the trans rights group Cabaret Against the Hate Speech. A Cabaret Against the Hate Speech spokesperson said they did not want the screening cancelled, but were implacably opposed to its positions.

Footage suggests protesters used extremist tactics - er, forming a conga line and having a bit of a dance and a singalong.

https://twitter.com/rs21Scotland/status/1652419165351755779

What is very disappointing, but probably not surprising, is that the tone of that Grauniad piece is negative towards the protesters. The framing is around suppression of free speech and academic discussion.

Another far-right protest outside a drag story hour event in Honor Oak yesterday and (larger) counter demonstration.

I love these teachers protesting outside their own school and refusing to be intimidated by the huge numbers of police surrounding them.

https://twitter.com/AntiRacismDay/status/1652213950107271169
Love the comments complaining about libs calling anyone they disagree with fascists. Many of those there are actual, card carrying fascists! One local celeb, “Nazi Brian” as he’s affectionately known, managed not to perform any Hitler salutes this time but you could see it was hurting him.

How terfs can ally themselves with these people is honestly beyond me. Straightforward boot boys these, voicing straightforward homophobia while pretending to care about children. Filth.

Love the comments complaining about libs calling anyone they disagree with fascists. Many of those there are actual, card carrying fascists! One local celeb, “Nazi Brian” as he’s affectionately known, managed not to perform any Hitler salutes this time but you could see it was hurting him.

How terfs can ally themselves with these people is honestly beyond me. Straightforward boot boys these, voicing straightforward homophobia while pretending to care about children. Filth.
Try this excellent recent video for an explanation of the marriage of liberal/left & far right transphobia. There's some silliness but otherwise it's chock-full of trenchant observations & commentary. It feels shorter than it is.

There's a local leftie blogger full of the usual far right tropes, like "cancelling", blaming the "woke", & "transgender ideology". He sees "identity politics" as the curse of the class war with no irony whatsoever. His posts attract comments from bigots galore from both the left & right: many are simple trolls. A small few trans people & allies pitch in against them; I do sometimes, purely for entertainment. These posters are wildly misinformed if not simply prejudiced & their arguments are beyond ludicrous. Replying to them is like shooting fish in a barrel. They become riled & lose all semblance of rationality, & have to be picked up by their friends.

What is very disappointing, but probably not surprising, is that the tone of that Grauniad piece is negative towards the protesters. The framing is around suppression of free speech and academic discussion.

Yeah. Guardian/Observer is transphobe central (lib division). It’s completely unforgivable.

The US edition writers are supportive of trans rights. A couple of years ago the US rainbow staff protested against the bigotry of the UK edition.

Lately the Graun seems to be masking its bigotry by publishing fewer overt transphobic opinion pieces. The story on the successful protest against Posie Parker in Auckland was remarkable though in letting the term "anti-trans" get through in relation to said fascist - a term I'd not seen there previously.

More on the ‘National Conservative’ far-right movement the Tories are associating themselves with (Guardian). I’m still going with ‘Nat-C’ as the abbreviation. Fascism by the front door. The list of speakers a page or two earlier on this thread highlights just how far-right this movement is. The very worst the Tory Party has to offer seasoned with a few racists and conspiracy theorists from the Tories dark-money funded GB News propaganda outlet.

More on the ‘National Conservative’ far-right movement the Tories are associating themselves with (Guardian). I’m still going with ‘Nat-C’ as the abbreviation. Fascism by the front door. The list of speakers a page or two earlier on this thread highlights just how far-right this movement is. The very worst the Tory Party has to offer seasoned with a few racists and conspiracy theorists from the Tories dark-money funded GB News propaganda outlet.
I like Nat-C. Needs to become widely used.

advertisement

Back