advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Pound has slumped this morning against the dollar.
BBC citing low confidence, following the mini budget on Friday.

What are peoples thoughts on pensions and future house prices? Asking for me and my lads (in that order ;))

It’s heading for parity with the dollar, it’s being suggested but it’s tanking against the € as well. It seems every time Kwarteng opens his mouth, the arse falls out of the £ and he’s pledging more tax cuts to come!

mJZI008.jpg

The real problem is that the ideology that weakens democracy and tends to authoritarianism is embedded in to Labour politics and in Tory politics. The problem isn’t how our parties are elected, but that they all believe in the same thing.

PR will have no effect while there is no alternative to vote for.

Nonesense.

It’s heading for parity with the dollar, it’s being suggested but it’s tanking against the € as well. It seems every time Kwarteng opens his mouth, the arse falls out of the £ and he’s pledging more tax cuts to come!

mJZI008.jpg

I very much fear we are heading for yet another version of 2008.
This is going to have a simply massive impact on inflation, interest rates etc.
So, so, depressing, and absolutely no need for it.
But then - this is the tories and brexit all coming together as a perfect storm.

What are peoples thoughts on pensions and future house prices? Asking for me and my lads (in that order ;))

In my opinion (which could well be wrong of course).

Pensions. Don’t panic. If you hold overseas equities, they increase in value if sterling devalues. Many of the top FTSE companies are global with significant USD and overseas earnings. If you’re in it for the long haul, stay calm!
Houses. Wouldn’t buy right now IMHO. Could be some serious rate hikes. If I were part way through buying one, I’d be revising my offer or pulling out, that’s for certain.

A full-blown Sterling crisis. The lowest against the dollar EVER.

Plenty of speculation on social media that Kwarteng might have been coked up at Her Majesty's funeral. The media aren't touching it. Complete silence.

I suppose being on drugs would explain the mini budget...

Energy prices have already taken 80K from the amount people can borrow on a mortgage, that's only going to increase now. House prices are overdue for a very sharp fall

In my opinion
Houses. Wouldn’t buy right now IMHO. Could be some serious rate hikes. If I were part way through buying one, I’d be revising my offer or pulling out, that’s for certain.
OTOH, it seems to me property is sitting on the market longer and things are shifting from a seller’s to buyer’s market. The stamp duty changes may cause a momentary up tick, but long term it looks like a cooler market.

Being a Royalist creep could well swing the next election. Support for the monarchy will be sky-high.

Sir Keir is doing what is needed. The majority of voters will want to see it.

Looks like he's smarmed charmed his way to being Charles' favourite.

FcTodwuXEAYEM1z
Somethings are so self evident that this photo should come with a health warning - nobody ever wants to see a middle aged Scotsman’s blue knees.

OTOH, it seems to me property is sitting on the market longer and things are shifting from a seller’s to buyer’s market. The stamp duty changes may cause a momentary up tick, but long term it looks like a cooler market.

Stamp duty tinkering is irrelevant if mortgage rates are 7%+.

advertisement

Back