advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

I had low expectations, but I have been impressed by Biden. He has been hobbled by the traitorous due of Manchin and Sinema in the Senate.

The UK should be so lucky as to have a leader like Biden ! I can't think of a UK PM I'd prefer to Biden in my lifetime (to be fair I didn't pay enough attention to Gordon Brown - though he seemed pretty competent up until his Gillian Duffy undoing).
Of course Brown was hopeless with the media compared to Blair but I had a lot of respect for him for calling that what it was. She was a bigoted woman.

Let's see how the mid-terms play out sean...

I don't know what you mean by that. Biden has inherited a difficult situation with the inflation, the continued persistence of Covid, and without control of the Senate. I'm not really sure what he could have done differently, given than Manchin and/or Sinema effectively have power of veto over his policy agenda.

The Treasury is considering removing a cap on bankers' bonuses as part of a post-Brexit shake-up of City rules.

Good to see our new chancellor helping out those suffering most in this crisis

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62906854

Ah I can help here. You see there is something special about the already well off, they need more money to 'incentivise' them. If you waste it by giving it to people who are suffering, their brains don't work the same way.......

Screen-Shot-2017-12-18-at-18.20.48.png

I would like to make it clear that Bankers are not coming here or staying because the bonuses are simply not big enough, not because they don't have the same access to EU Markets or anything like that.

I think the Truss era will be every bit as incompetent and corrupt as the Johnson one but with Johnson’s phoney populism replaced by tone deaf cruelty a la Thatcher. It could be the most toxic cocktail we’ve seen in a succession of toxic Tory prime ministers.
If you could characterise Truss’s face in couple of words, it would be”polling nightmare”.

Regardless of banker's bonuses, the financial markets seem to think Truss/Kwarteng are going to do nothing good for the UK plc. -- the Pound has continued its slide this week, even against a weak Euro...

I think the Truss era will be every bit as incompetent and corrupt as the Johnson one but with Johnson’s phoney populism replaced by tone deaf cruelty a la Thatcher. It could be the most toxic cocktail we’ve seen in a succession of toxic Tory prime ministers.
If you could characterise Truss’s face in couple of words, it would be”polling nightmare”.

Positively cheesy:
ismnf303g2ix.png

She will have to go all out to beat Cameron for toxicity.

"The UK currently has nine terawatt-hours (TWh) of gas stored, compared with 217TWh in Germany, 122TWh in France and 162TWh in Italy. Part of the problem is that the UK government dismantled its largest gas storage facility in 2017, a decision taken by then chief secretary to the treasury – Liz Truss. " https://www.energymonitor.ai/policy...act-uk-is-unprepared-for-winter-energy-crisis

The idiot should be kicked out of Downing Street for that decision alone.

I wonder how many shy Tories are hoping Liz will bring back the glory of the Thatcher era? They’re in for a dreadful realisation.

advertisement

Back