advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

Surely most of the fun of Lego was you can make anything from some 'generic' bricks? Custom shapes and instructions makes it all a bit too easy?

Lego_Ferrari_F40_1651638057020_1651638062484.jpg

nope

That has a slightly higher piece count but cheaper than the Titanic. I'm in two minds if I should buy one for investment. I don't think I have space to display a built set or store the box. It's also predominantly monochromatic grey and its four-sidedness suggest a bit of repetitive building steps.

Right, I think I've talked myself out of it. For now.
I arrived at the same conclusion. TBH I think from an investment POV it has to be Star Wars & Technics stuff; that's the part of my collection that's increased the most in value; they make up 40% of my collection and have grown 19% and 32% respectively:

PthtMgtl.png

Interestingly, Speed Champions is my top performing theme in terms of growth. That's mainly because I have all of the 6-stud wide sets. The later 8-stud sets won't be appreciating much just yet.

Technic is my mid-performer.

I recently received an email from lego telling me that my VIP points are about to expire. Got 2700+ and they would expire next month, so I converted 2400 of them into £15 worth of vouchers, and bought the Speed Champions Countach.

Having deleted my first attempt I’ve put this in the right thread...:D:D

I’ve no idea if this is a good price, and I’ve no interest in Harry Potter, I haven’t read any of the books or watched the films, but there is just something I like about this set. I would like to build it. Very tempted.

Smyths 76391

Lego deals on Very.....train set £79, Mercedes Truck £140 off, Amazon, Technics McLaren half price....I have just been a naughty boy and bought them all

Huge number of highly discounted Lego deals.....is the market about to collapse? (especially for the higher priced sets);)

I must be looking in the wrong places. Nothing on a deal particularly appealing given I build them.

Last edited:
Bought the Ferrari for £226 all in today from Costco. Current RRP is £389.99

Plan is to shelve it but I'll most probably end up building it.

Huge number of highly discounted Lego deals.....is the market about to collapse? (especially for the higher priced sets);)
In the context of investment, I’m very mindful of intrinsic vs extrinsic value. Lego sets have gone up in price quite disproportionately in some cases. Many of the latter Star Wars USC sets are asking stupid money (at RRP) that isn’t justified by the part count or novelty. In the end, I choose the sets that I like, that represent sensible value, and if the market should crash completely, I’ll have my measure of fun building them.

advertisement

Back