advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I’d say the 10266 Lunar Lander was a real bargain too, I’d buy one if you haven’t already.
I've got one on order. The other theme that seem to be appreciating well is Architecture. With 20/20 hindsight, I should have started collecting them sooner. The black boxes are cool too.

The last true bargain was the Saturn V rocket. I thought it was so reasonably priced I bought two sets at full retail.
Me too - the idea was to build one but both are still sealed... now it is retired I hope I won’t decide to sell them both on.
I've got one on order.
Me too...!

I bought Steamboat Willie last month, mainly because I liked the humour of having every part that was visible in monochrome and the rest in colour. I got a stylish freebie that I passed on to Lego Marchbanks. He immediately drove it to Yorkshire and part-ex’d it for something hideous. Ungrateful sod.

Inspired by this thread I thought I'd try the Fiat 500 to build and then put aside for the inevitable growth in value :rolleyes:. Anyhow, I'm stuck as I can't get past the first page of the instructions as there seems to be some parts missing. Is that often the case?

Almost never, as far as I’m aware.
There are times I swear I'm missing a piece, but invariably it's because I haven't looked for it hard enough (or building for too long a stint). I never had to use the replacement part service from Lego. Touch wood and long may that continue.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
That Warhol piece looks great.

I just bought a second Lego McLaren Senna so that I can build one and keep the other in the box - it's currently £10 at Morrisons.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've built the McLaren Senna and it looks great!

Two issues to point out: it uses 20 stickers for effects, which I think is a lot, and the rear spoiler isn't secured to the body so you can easily pull it off. Admittedly, you can easily stick it back on again, but that's beside the point. Anyway, I'll give 4 out of 5 as it really does look the biz and at £10, is good value for money. I reckon it'll go for much more once it's out of print. Perhaps not pushing £100 like the Bugatti Chiron, but a good price all the same

I also bought the Ferrari Tributo and the Nissan GTR Nismo (both still boxed), although I'll probably buy another one of each so I can do what I did with the McLaren Senna: build one and save one.

I meant to say, my mate's kid has the Ferrari F8 Tributo and when I saw it tonight for the first time (I've still to build mine), I thought to myself Wow, now that's what I call a phat ass! Seriously, the Ferrari has a fantastic looking rear end; it looks much better in real life than it does in the pic below:

71zVh4x0TfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

advertisement

Back