advertisement

'The nonsense that is Naim' sub-forum

This whole post made me laugh out loud.

Note for Tiggers, this is the sort of post which results in a lot of the behaviours you’re complaining about.

Things like this are just comical:

cannot hold a candle to Naim
probably in the top 99.99% of all systems on this planet
Naim stands head and shoulders above the rest
I want Naim to be used as a benchmark for the others to aspire to

The marketing men/women have done a superb job with this one.
Thing is, it is just his opinion, it’s entirely harmless, he’s not telling anybody what to buy. I think people should all be happy that Mick loves listening to music presented how he likes it. We’re all meant to like music here, right?

Honestly, I don’t get the whinging from people. Whatever money you have, spend it on whatever you like.

Honestly, I don’t get the whinging from people. Whatever money you have, spend it on whatever you like.

Hear, hear.

I’m still assuming that Mick’s post was intentionally tongue in cheek, there is no way he can actually believe some of the more extreme claims.

Well my dear chap, you are here talking about Naim but we are not here talking about whatever it is that you use and frankly we don't care. There lies the difference.

PS. Brian

You are right, I bought the 32.5 / 140 from a chap just around the corner. I had it connected to some sort of Pioneer TT which I later replaced with a Garrard 401. I paid £40 for it from a chap in Cirencester. I later had it restored by Loricraft with a new plinth and PSU. I still have it.

The 140 has since been replaced by a 250
Superb riposte Mick.
Chapeau.

I don't think Mick meant it as tongue in cheek.

I believe he met JV and I know he communicated with him in writing. Mick likes what Naim does so fair enough.

He has no time for people who try to improve naim equipment;
designed by engineers who really knew what they were doing
ignoring the fact that the design for the power amps was copied, as Julian freely admitted, from (RCA) "application notes".

Julian was a great salesman, and it obviously worked with Mick, but what's wrong with that?

Mick is "content"!

Would that we all were!

There are is a whole gammon shank of opinions on this thread.

I'm just wandering what the usual dissenters think of people that take Naim boxes and upgrade with (naughty naughty) non Naim modifications?

I’m still assuming that Mick’s post was intentionally tongue in cheek, there is no way he can actually believe some of the more extreme claims.
To me it read as a spoof and I was about to like it for that reason before deciding to check. Things are getting a bit strange when you need more information than that in the message to distinguish between an earnest post and taking the p*ss.

There are is a whole gammon shank of opinions on this thread.

I'm just wandering what the usual dissenters think of people that take Naim boxes and upgrade with (naughty naughty) non Naim modifications?

We will hunt them down and kill them.

Thing is, it is just his opinion, it’s entirely harmless, he’s not telling anybody what to buy. I think people should all be happy that Mick loves listening to music presented how he likes it. We’re all meant to like music here, right?

Seems to me that it's the fundamentalist Naimees doing most of the whingeing. Some of their replies ('I stopped doing that when I went to Big School') are splendid examples of the pi-jaw at its finest:

'You've let me down, you've let Naim down, you've let the forum down, but most of all you've let yourself down'.

The big question is, does using Naim remove one's sense of humour, or are humourless people attracted to Naim*?

* Unless, of course, they're only pretending to be upset/annoyed/whatever by anti-Naim comments, in which case, fair play to them.

Seems to me that it's the fundamentalist Naimees doing most of the whingeing. Some of their replies ('I stopped doing that when I went to Big School') are splendid examples of the pi-jaw at its finest:

'You've let me down, you've let Naim down, you've let the forum down, but most of all you've let yourself down'.

The big question is, does using Naim remove one's sense of humour, or are humourless people attracted to Naim*?

* Unless, of course, they're only pretending to be upset/annoyed/whatever by anti-Naim comments, in which case, fair play to them.
Goodo.

Didn't we just recently have a 30 odd pager of this? :eek: I had thought that would have sated the bashers for some time to come, but... :rolleyes:

Didn't we just recently have a 30 odd pager of this? :eek: I had thought that would have sated the bashers for some time to come, but... :rolleyes:

Don't spoil it, we're only on page 12, many more sharp ripostes to come....

advertisement

Back