advertisement

The Music Room Glasgow - any feedback?

i have dealt with jack many times over the years. I would echo the comments above about being chatty and treating with respect, but otherwise i have had no issues

Jack is fine. Bought a Gryphon amp from him several years ago. When I first visited him he had the most magnificent premises. A large Glasgow townhouse which had all the big Gryphon/Zingali speakers setup on dem and where I heard the Gryphon Cantata loudspeakers. Liked to chat and was always a pleasure to deal with.

I have visited this impressive hifi shop and chatted with Jack the owner, who is passionate about his products.
The Music Room has been in business for many years in Glasgow and I'm surprised to hear of any negative feedback. I would not hesitate to place an order with this shop. I'm sure if there are any issues they will rectify promptly.
Hope this helps..

Flip it was rather a while back robby so hard to recall really , sorry about that . one has rather a lot of kit over the years

Not wishing to hijack - but how did you rate the Aluminatas? Thanks
I bought my amplifier from Jack Lawson many years ago - he was excellent to deal with and gave me an amazing PX on the (horrible to my ears) ATC integrated I was looking to get rid of - the only slight let down were the JPS labs interconnects he persuaded me to try - sounded really peculiar, and much worse than the bargain "Puresonic" cables I was using at the time - I certainly wouldn't feel encouraged to investigate further, but obviously these things can be very system dependent

Not been in for a couple of years, but always found Jack decent to deal with, although finding somewhere to park nearby can be an issue.

I recall that a good few years back there were several negative experiences with The Music Room reported on a couple of forums. As I'm contemplating a purchase from them and they're too far away to visit, I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience, good or bad, with them? After sales and service support is of particular interest. Thanks.
You are after the three box WAVAC pre amp he has eh? You craft fiend. Or is it the burmester pre/power that has taken your eye?

When I was shopping there, he had a wider, more commercial line of products.
Now it seems incredibly niche.

You are after the three box WAVAC pre amp he has eh? You craft fiend. Or is it the burmester pre/power that has taken your eye?
Ooh, now that would be telling😀

I have bought from Jack before, but the feedback here has been helpful.

My worry is primarily with warranty. Jack must be in his mid 70's by now? Will the business continue when he does retire? Any warrany offerdd by the shoo will disappear if they cease trading, for any reason. As they are not authorised for this particular brand, there is no manufacturer warranty. I may have cover through Section 75 if I pay by credit card: I need to ask my lawyer pal to confirm on that. This is quite a costly potential purchase, so I need to cover as many bases as I can beforehand.

Its been quite a few years, but I purchased a NAP500 from them for a very reasonable price ($12k US) , and they converted it to 120V as well, included in the purchase price.
The transaction went perfectly smooth, and I had no complaints at all.

My worry is primarily with warranty. Jack must be in his mid 70's by now? Will the business continue when he does retire? Any warrany offerdd by the shoo will disappear if they cease trading, for any reason. As they are not authorised for this particular brand, there is no manufacturer warranty. I may have cover through Section 75 if I pay by credit card: I need to ask my lawyer pal to confirm on that. This is quite a costly potential purchase, so I need to cover as many bases as I can beforehand.
Check the company out in Companies House for a guess on long term stability.
When I was still shopping there, there was a Fillipino looking lady that I assumed was his wife.

Why worry so much about warranty I don’t know what you’re buying but if it does fail it should not cost a fortune to have repaired, in the 27 years I’ve been trading I can honestly say that it’s less than the fingers on one hand that someone’s claimed.

Always a risk with any business sadly

advertisement

Back