advertisement

The most perfect song

Another Girl Another Planet
Do Anything you wanna do.
All Night Party
She's Lost Control.

& so many more!

This lunchtime, it's the utter joy in David Ruffins performance, especially the scream, at 1 09 that makes this perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still lookung the perfect song but these are my candidates for now:
It's Different for Girls - Joe Jackson
Careless Whisper - George Michael
Who Knows Were the Time Goes - Christine Collister (Sorry i'm such a cultural desert, I heard this version before the Sandy Denny one)
Here Comes the Sun - The Beatles (and I'm really not a Beatles fan)

If somebody could do a version of Gimme Shelter that combined the best attributes of the Stones original and the (way OTT) Grand Funk version, I think that might trump them all.

My selection of the perfect pop songs are:

California Dreaming
Wonder Wall
Black Betty
Mr Blue Sky
All the Young Dudes
Good Vibrations
Let me entertain you

Put theses on a juke box in a pub and most people will jig, sing or stop and listen.

I remember one memorable time at a swimming pool many years ago. I was taking my very young son swimming and Wonder Wall was playing in the pool. Everyone started to sing along to it and as we all noticed that everyone was singing along to it it we got louder. It was like a surreal scene out of Fame. When it ended the pool attendants clapped and we all laughed but then went about the rest of the session in silence. Music that can do that must be near perfect.

My selection of perfect Rock Songs are:

werewolves of London
Black Betty
Blinded by the light
Cold as ice
Feels like the first time
Good lovin gone bad
Feel like makin love
Roadhouse Blues
Livin on a prayer
Sweet Child o mine

As a former rock DJ in night clubs, these were the sure fire winners you could bank on.

If this doesn't bring a lump to your throat, then something inside you must be switched off.

If this doesn't bring a lump to your throat, then something inside you must be switched off.
Great song, but I prefer Tasmin Archer's version. That's probably heresy, I know.

For some reason it reminded me of this one, which may not be "the most perfect song", but I can't hear anything that ought to be changed about it.

advertisement

Back