Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Jim Audiomisc

Jim Audiomisc pfm Member

Obvious question: Anyone here also on diyaudio and can ask there why the apparent 'dissappearance' elsewhere?

2. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

Though he did post this earlier in the year.

Hi Joseph,

Yes ineed I sould build such a system, but I would be "Killed" if I diverted my time away from completing the MDAC upgrade.

I have an Agilent E5505 PN system - so on the next PCB spin, I will construct a pair of "identical" Oscillators - using one as a referance and added 3dB to the PN plots (OK the system software automatically compensates and adds the 3dB in "twinned" oscillator tests).

Once the first MDAC update PCB's have been shipped, it be great to visit you, understand your setup and start to consider building a system - idealy with custom PCB's (with Andrew's OK and blessing).

I hope Joseph is in no rush.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
    Sibbers likes this.
  3. Sibbers

Sibbers Earthling

Has Joseph given John money?

*gulp*

4. Captain_Underpants

Captain_Underpants A spy in their midst..

sam_cat and Timcat like this.
  5. nostromo

nostromo pfm Member

Please be gentle on him , I think this thing has overwhelmed him mentally ...but he's still trying to get there the only way he knows how.

Breakdown is not pretty, let's hope he can pull through.

6. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

So he is still doing basic development (the FPGA) while spending the working capital on test equipment

7. sam_cat

sam_cat C'est Crounchifique!

I think the working capital is long gone.

Darren likes this.
  8. Neil P

Neil P pfm Member

Where was that update posted and when? If recent, does it seem a bit more positive?

9. nostromo

nostromo pfm Member

[
    Jarek was a key member of this project, John could have just off loaded all this complex software development to him. It seems without someone like Jarek on this project who is able to debug, test and improve this software, the project may never be completed. I guess John doesn't have the resources to hire anyone either.

10. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

It makes it feel closer to 1st April. :D

sideshowbob likes this.
  11. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

It's worse, these days software is essentially unlimited in code size resources.
    FPGAs are very limited. When I used them (25 years ago), I had to start with a clear model of what I was trying to do to get the design to fit. His comments about the ESS ring modulator hint that he is finding his design is getting crowded.

12. Timcat

Timcat pfm Member

I thought that the good captain's post was a joke, but it seems it was genuine! I'll need another bulk order of popcorn soon!

clownfish likes this.
  13. StephenB

StephenB Pointy birds...........

bollo* to that, I've been waiting well over a year for dribbles of money back on my VFET investment

my misses was diagnosed with cancer early October 21' and I practically begged him to pay the balance as she was off work for 6 weeks, and ultimately I handed my own notice in due to stress

the man is a low life, hell mend him as my mother would say

I would rather not disclose my personal circumstances on a forum, but people please waken up he deserves nothing but contempt from where I am standing

I have 17 months worth of failed promises and excuses getting my money for VFETS back from him
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi StephenB,

I agree to arrange to refund your VFET installment minus the the PayPal fees.

We will have to agree a repayment plan as I currently simply dont have the fund to pay you in a single installment.

I'm expecting funds in the next 1-2 months this should cover your VFET installment.

BR,

John

JohnW, Jul 5, 2020

Hi Stephen,

I'll confirm the exact PayPal amount once I have the funds to forward to you.

Basically I'm due royalties on a streamer - they are just updating the PCB files, I hope they place an order in the next month or so... I'm not even sure of order Qtys - but I believe it will cover the GBP2K...

if its short, I'll send everything they send... and work from there,

BR,

John

JohnW, Jul 6, 2020
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have had zero payments from him since mid September, so it's looking unlikely I'll get any more,so stop giving this guy any benefit of the doubt

your money is all gone and has been for some years I'd say, so I'd summise his only revenue stream to bankroll these PFM projects is doing work for other parties

Bob McC, torstoi, eevo1969 and 4 others like this.
  14. Del monaco

Del monaco Del Monaco

15. RoA

RoA pfm Member

Indeed

16. fred sonnen

fred sonnen pfm Member

yep

Craig B likes this.
  17. StephenB

StephenB Pointy birds...........

I should add I have threatened to post the likes above many times but foolishly gave him the benefit of the doubt

recent events compelled me to draw a line under this fiasco,but yet again zero empathy and ignoring of my messages on facebook

I have a feeling he is awaiting a huge blowout from the forums to finally bail out of all this , so heres my tuppence !

eevo1969, Timcat and Darren like this.
  18. Timcat

Timcat pfm Member

Most fraudsters don't give a damn about those they defraud.

Bob McC and Rockhopper like this.
  19. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Sorry to hear about your circumstances Stephen. He's certainly not a man who's word is worth anything.

20. nostromo

nostromo pfm Member

@StephenB, I'm sorry to hear about your circumstances and to be let down when you had written commitments for a refund is undertandibly very upsetting.