Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Discussion in 'audio' started by Tony L, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Space is the Place

Space is the Place pfm Member

Stephen I'm also sorry to hear about whats happened, i gladly forgo the money i've paid for the dac development to help those like you who invested a large amount of money.
    I know it's none of my business and i don't know you, but i hope your wife's doing OK.

busb and jamjar784 like this.
  2. StephenB

StephenB Pointy birds...........

Thanks for the support, wife had the results of her ct scan yesterday after 30 days of chemo and radio which ended a few weeks back and it has shrunk by 50% [this in keeping with expectation as the radiotherapy is still doing its thing] so prognosis looking very positive, so now I can focus on finding a new job

I am also aware I will not be the only one who could do with reimbursement in these times, and apologies to forum members for the dark nature of my response to the suggestion we should support this individual any further

busb, clownfish, Tigerjones and 4 others like this.
  3. Timcat

Timcat pfm Member

Stephen, you have no need to apologise, you have been treated appallingly and have every right to go public on the matter.

Wilson and jamjar784 like this.
  4. adamdea

adamdea You are not a sound quality evaluation device

Happy New Year to all.

ti33er and torstoi like this.
  5. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Happy New Year guys..
    Stephen good luck for your wife for a quick and complete recovery in 2022.
    And no, you definitely don't have to apologise for nothing..

omega3, ti33er and jamjar784 like this.
  6. maxpalat

maxpalat Member

Hello to all members,
    someone knows a Mr.Westlake mail contact for a technical problem with occurs to me?
    Grateful to anyone will be able to help me on this matter.
    Massimo

7. Joco

Joco pfm Member

Hi Massimo,

You could could contact him via Linkin under John Westlake, or ask someone here who is a member of his Facebook group to pass a message on to him.
    Cheers, John

8. maxpalat

maxpalat Member

Thanks John for your kind reply.
    I tried via Linkin but was unsuccessful.By the way do you have any knowledge on which Facebook group is he signed up or some member here too?
    I am in trouble with my PT Anniversary Psu that he made and ,for this reason, I need its design otherwise it’s impossible to repair it.

Massimo

9. maxpalat

maxpalat Member

for anyone who can help me for this matter also with private messages my mail is :
    vladscot@alice.it
    Cheers
    Massimo

10. Joco

Joco pfm Member

Hi Massimo, sorry, that’s my limit I’m afraid. AFAIK the Facebook group for the MDAC sponsors is the only social media I am aware of. I think he posts on at least one other Audio Forum. Your best bet is if someone here steps up or you can trawl this thread and find the forum mentioned earlier. Good luck to you.

11. brumjam

brumjam pfm Member

He is user Johnw on DIYaudio.com. You could try messaging him there.

12. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Hi Massimo,
    in case of trouble with a PT, I'd rather try to contact True Point who are specialized on
    Pink Triangle repairs of any kind:
    http://www.true-point.audio/index_true_point_audio.htm

Very competent and more likely to get response / your item repaired
    than John..who we are waiting for to deliver since a decade now.

Kind regards.. T

Amber Audio and Del monaco like this.
  13. misterdog

misterdog Not the canine kind

The DIY section on here has many knowledgeable members try starting a thread there.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/forums/d-i-y.8/

torstoi and Amber Audio like this.
  14. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

Can a moderator split these posts into DIY, to avoid diverting this thread. Some photos of the PT driver would help

15. misterdog

From the ground breaking announcement forthcoming from JW ?

16. lapkwan

lapkwan pfm Member

Does anyone have any idea altogether how much money we have sponsored for the great project of JW ?

17. misterdog

Too much, or far too much ?

18. ukpd

ukpd pfm Member

Hmm...there were quite a few PROJECTS sponsored.

tto, Timcat, torstoi and 3 others like this.
  19. torstoi

torstoi pfm Member

Don't know exactly, but there was an estimated number of around 100K in the room a while ago..

20. sq225917

sq225917 Bit of this, bit of that

Including recent suckers, at least that much.

torstoi likes this.