advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

How’s it going? Not been in for a few months thought I’d see what was up.

Any goodies to report?

Hello,
I've not checked in since 2016! But, I thought I'd pay a visit to see what's happened.

I'm a contributor to the project: MDAC2 L2 with an eye on the L3 ADC version, which disappointingly, has clearly not transpired and appears to be discontinued.

I've attempted to join the FB page but no response.

I've read this entire thread and I'm still none the wiser of what the current options are?

Hello, just a status update here from the Czech rep.:

1) We are able to move around freely (with masks on in the shops and other public closed spaces).
2) My packages from Germany and China (postal services, DHL) have already started to arrive on schedule. And tracking works well.
3) This is not a third world country without functional services (at least I like to think so).

4) JohnW be a man. You are making us Czechs look like an untrustworthy a*holes. Shame on you!

5) Backers, stay strong and consider legal actions. Unjust enrichment or other crimes with impact above 5000 CZK (~EUR200) are considered punishable by Court. But of course do your homework, I'm not a lawyer.

6) I'm sorry everybody, this is not how Czechs wants to be seen. At least I still hope.

Sorry for this rant, but I was unable to take this any more. To think I was considering to back him up in the 2013...

PS: JohnW - no smartphone, but using a Facebook?? Hmm... I'm not buying it.

Looks like the frustrations levels are about to rise again unless JW can provide some updates here or on FB

We’re all having to adapt, but it would be refreshing if you could update us John without being prompted constantly

If I were a more cynical soul, I’d be pretty sure I’d been ‘had’ over this whole debacle. But I’ll keep checking in out of perverse curiosity anyway....

Nothing at all to do with me but I find this and the other device devices thread quite unsettling. It must put some people off or do some serious enquiries before getting involved in investing cash.

Nothing at all to do with me but I find this and the other device devices thread quite unsettling. It must put some people off or do some serious enquiries before getting involved in investing cash.
Oh yes.

Hello, just a status update here from the Czech rep.:

1) We are able to move around freely (with masks on in the shops and other public closed spaces).
2) My packages from Germany and China (postal services, DHL) have already started to arrive on schedule. And tracking works well.
3) This is not a third world country without functional services (at least I like to think so).

4) JohnW be a man. You are making us Czechs look like an untrustworthy a*holes. Shame on you!

5) Backers, stay strong and consider legal actions. Unjust enrichment or other crimes with impact above 5000 CZK (~EUR200) are considered punishable by Court. But of course do your homework, I'm not a lawyer.

6) I'm sorry everybody, this is not how Czechs wants to be seen. At least I still hope.

Sorry for this rant, but I was unable to take this any more. To think I was considering to back him up in the 2013...

PS: JohnW - no smartphone, but using a Facebook?? Hmm... I'm not buying it.

I can also testify to the fact that China appears to be operating and supplying as normal

Our own company has been back up to full production for 2 months and in the last month I have received 3 shipments of machined aluminium and stainless components of my own designs. from different Chinese vendors

I appreciate it is not straight forward physically getting there, but they are more than capable of interpreting decent drawings, manufacturing to a high standard and delivering on time.

so in all honesty, I am really struggling to understand what is still holding back the manufacture of casework

and again if the devdac/FDAC development has stalled please supply a specific reason why the most expensive option of VFET is not being progressed

you have mentioned a few times it is less complex a design than the dac

İmagine if you will that the DevDac board is completed, it's ready to be manufactured and the contributors can place a call on the option that they were sold to buy a board at cost.

How implausible does it seem that anyone is going to hand over anymore cash to get this thing made and even more for the chassis?

I for one would, John does now have all the equipment to make this happen and people have been over to his Lab to see and hear the current DevDAC board, just before the pandemic - one of them bought someone’s pledge shortly after as they were so impressed
with the sonics...I’d like some of that please :)

...of course I can understand why there is frustration too.

I'll go ahead, but I'm not expecting to be asked for funds until after Brexit is completed, and the COVID-19 vaccine has been found.

VFETs: I will only pay any more after a careful listening session when I pick up the amps personally.

I for one would, John does now have all the equipment to make this happen

...of course I can understand why there is frustration too.

There is equipment that he liked and equipment that is needed, he managed to develop products before without them. Seven years for a DAC?, a lot of that time must have been navel gazing.

advertisement

Back