advertisement

The Hi-Fi Show - Sunday 4th March 2012

You may regret posting that...

I know where I can get my hands on a pair of Bagpipes...

:)

I just read the manual and my system does not work with bagpipes or brass band music or anything by The Smiths. Sorry to dissappoint!

I really like the first three - up to Making Movies. Can take or leave the rest.

Love the first two, MM is where it went patchy for me - blame Romeo & Juliet. :D

Couple of moments on LOG - downhill like a greased pig after that. The first two were superb though, relaxed thoughtful tracks and lovely playing before the over-production and head bands arrived.

im in the simpson room with my mate paul, got tonyLs old tannoys there, with pauls home built mullard mono block amps, my vac pa 60 kt88 amps, hope to see you there

So I'm all set.

Linn Kan MK 1- some TLC has brought them into top condition. The new tweeters are well run in and the B110s are perfect.

Kan stands are at a local powder coating place and will be as new.

NAIM NAIT MK 1 - is as near to new as possible. No marks on the case, the lettering is still white (not yellow) and it sounds superb.

Sound blaster Audigy NX2 external USB Sound Card is an old one but in combination with my laptop and non compressed WAVs it very close to the sound of the source. Playing CDs it's way better than my Arcam Delta 90.3 CD player.

Pete,

The Wall (remastered and on 180 gm vinyl) has (apparently) arrived at home!... avoid syndicate room 18 if you don't want to hear it!

I will be interested to hear what they have done in the remastering! Hopefully not ruined a great recording IMHO!

...or come along and bring some music you want to hear and I'll give it a spin!

See you there!

Andy

I'm playing mine now, it sounds stunning. At first it seems the levels are quite low but you soon realise there is alot less compression than there was on the original pressings, those drum rolls hit really hard! And mine will be at Scalford along with new DSOTM and WYWH pressings.

Andrew, box arrived today, many thanks for speedy shipping.

I'm in a gear panic, my pre-amp is dead and I need to build a speed controller for the TT and spray up the platter.

Just to let folks know, I've going to bring the valve tester along, so if anyone wants to bring tubes to be tested, I'm happy to do so. £1 per tube with all proceeds to charity.

I'll be in the Quorn room.

Trying to write code to implement remote control. Not as easy as it looks... Expect random level changes.

Paul

Andrew, box arrived today, many thanks for speedy shipping.

.... I need to build a speed controller for the TT and spray up the platter.

I've done the front panel for the box and cut the holes (and fitted the sockets for the back panel). However, this evening is the last time I'm at home before the show and, if I'm honest, I don't really fancy spraying the platter in a rush - it doesn't really have to be done does it?

advertisement

Back