advertisement

The Future of the NHS

The last time that I could find figures for - 2021???? - the cost of the NHS was pretty much exactly the same as the income to the exchequer from income tax.

Who's up for an across the board, all levels, increase in income tax of 5%?

2%?

1%?

Please do not come back with the lunatic "tax the rich".

The bigger than vast majority of income tax is paid by the vast majority of the people.
This is another reason why using tax as an argument to cut investment is wrong. It only leaves privatisation as an alternative.

If the tax argument holds up, how did we ever afford to build our welfare state in the first place?

Allison Pearson has also heaped praise on Labour’s Wes Streeting for his plans to privatise the NHS

https://leftfootforward.org/2024/04/telegraph-column-claiming-nhs-is-killing-us-it-is-an-enemy-of-britain-mocked/#:~:text='The%20NHS%20is%20a%20mess,is%20an%20'enemy%20of%20Britain.
I wouldn't even try to guess the number of the many million's of lives that have been saved by the NHS. It is undoubtedly a colossal figure. That Pearson is having her bizarre bile published anywhere is somewhat symbolic, and a measure of, how irresponsible and deeply corrupt Britains politicians and media 'class' actually are. That they think anyone would be accepting of such shite is enough to insult the intelligence of a five year old.

John

I wouldn't even try to guess the number of the many million's of lives that have been saved by the NHS. It is undoubtedly a colossal figure. That Pearson is having her bizarre bile published anywhere is somewhat symbolic, and a measure of, how irresponsible and deeply corrupt Britains politicians and media 'class' actually are. That they think anyone would be accepting of such shite is enough to insult the intelligence of a five year old.

John
That she sees Wes Streeting as a fellow traveller should be warning enough of Labour’s intentions to further weaken the NHS.

Labour are promising to privatise the NHS to a degree the Tories can only dream of.

Labour are a bigger threat the the NHS than the Tories.

Labour are not going to make things better. They are explicitly promising to make them worse

advertisement

Back