advertisement

The Euro 2020 (football) thread.

It's true they did have some good chances but at that level they have to be converted as invariably the wasteful team will be punished.
I wonder which England player will be first to try a strike from the halfway line on Friday? - my money's on Kane.:)

Yes, it would have useful if they had put the ball in the net. I hope someone gives Marshall a map before the England game. I'll take Rashford over Kane, but either will (even Mount). Saw Henderson had to return to England. He must be gutted.

On the subject of Spain, I thought their performance was very underwhelming. They definitely have issues putting the ball into the net and they pass so much that they seem to forget to shoot!

A shadow of the team that won the Euros in 2008 and 2012 and the World Cup of 2010.

Shame about Scotland, they competed well and had chances but Czech Republic scored two world class goals, especially the second one which for me is the goal of the tournament so far!

The huge number of foreign players in the PL is definitely a factor although I'm a great believer that if you're good enough you'll still make it through.
Kane is a perfect example of that and more recently Foden & Mount.
I'd like to think that Billy Gilmour will make it at Chelsea but I have my doubts.
Love Billy Gilmour. I love watching a player who is always moving and always looking. Gilmour is one of those, a head on stick. He is mostly in the right place at the right time. All he has to do now is be better than Kante…

All he has to do now is be better than Kante…
and there lies, at least in the short term, the problem.:)
If he's not going to get enough game time with the Champions Of Europe hopefully we send him out on loan to a lesser (plenty of choice;)) PL side to continue his development.
I think somewhere like West Ham would be a good fit for both parties.
If Frank ends up managing in the PL next season I suspect he'd be at the front of the queue.

and there lies, at least in the short term, the problem.:)
If he's not going to get enough game time with the Champions Of Europe hopefully we send him out on loan to a lesser (plenty of choice;)) PL side to continue his development.
I think somewhere like West Ham would be a good fit for both parties.
If Frank ends up managing in the PL next season I suspect he'd be at the front of the queue.
Now there’s a thought, a team managed by Lampard full of Chelsea loanees, a nursery school for the champions of all Europe

You must have watched a different game if you thought Scotland could easily have won that! They were nowhere near and will have to improve significantly to avoid a bigger loss against England.
Thought they were unlucky tbh. Started well, hit the bar, Czech keeper pulled off wonderful save, ultimately lacked the quality to finish any chances created. They’re getting horsed on Friday tho.’ Of that I have no doubt.

The ITV punditry team is getting better looking.
Maybe will attract more interest for the Hungary /Portugal game.

Don’t fancy Germans chances, I think at some point they will get walloped.
Why are all the football pundits (male) wearing shirts so tight the buttons are going to pop, not keen on current trend for ultra tight suits that have drainpipes that stop at ankle.

60,000 full house for this Hungary vs Portugal game.

Incredible atmosphere and feels weird to see such a big crowd!

advertisement

Back